The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
At 88 Euro for a plain red one and 209 Euro for shiny chrome they are a bargain compared to the one from sector (which is what I bought a few years back).

I like the colors they have in their program.

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
At 88 Euro for a plain red one and 209 Euro for shiny chrome they are a bargain compared to the one from sector (which is what I bought a few years back).

I like the colors they have in their program.
Sector told me they couldn't ship an extinguisher overseas :( I might have to look into the 88 Euro one.

IIRC there are 5 different types/classes of extinguishers. Is this the preferred type for the car?

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Sector told me they couldn't ship an extinguisher overseas :( I might have to look into the 88 Euro one.

IIRC there are 5 different types/classes of extinguishers. Is this the preferred type for the car?
I had to bribe the movers to stuff mine into the bottom of my chest freezer in order to ship it to Germany together with the rest of my household.
They labeled it as a "framous indicator" on the inventory list for German customs :rolleyes:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
I have a Carrot Soup Lotus.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I had to bribe the movers to stuff mine into the bottom of my chest freezer in order to ship it to Germany together with the rest of my household.
They labeled it as a "framous indicator" on the inventory list for German customs :rolleyes:
That's a HUGE fine if you are talking about shipping via aircraft also jail time if they know you did it knowingly and something happens. That's kinda scary knowing that they let you do that. You can ship empty containers via air overseas but it is considered Hazmat when it is full/ pressurized.

- Chris

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
That's a HUGE fine if you are talking about shipping via aircraft also jail time if they know you did it knowingly and something happens. That's kinda scary knowing that they let you do that. You can ship empty containers via air overseas but it is considered Hazmat when it is full/ pressurized.

- Chris
Sad to say - but most everone has their price. Personally, I'm just counting on the hope that my street car will not explode into flames. But considering I saw a brand new Lotus Europa spontaneously burn up unattended/unoccupied in my school's parking lot (1974), maybe I should reconsider. I was hoping the wiring was better by now.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
These are French. They probably just let out a whiff of eau de formage and surrender. I don't trust anything French.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Now now. The idea is we are all supposed to be brothers & sisters under the pit awning of Lotus. If you don't like 'em don't buy them. But the fact is that they are supporting our cars and our cause (the continuation of Lotusdom), so we shouldn't spit at them. Gamera knows best. Just look at that face. Some of those extinguishers are cooler than shift.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts

- Chris
They didn't ship my 40' and 45' container by air. Nobody said anything about shipping via air craft so relax...

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts