The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a detailer in the San Francisco Bay Area. I loaned my car to a friend for the past week while his M3 was in the shop for repair work. As a thank you he offered to have it detailed for my 4 year anniversary with the car. Well, he asked the shop to detail it and pre-paid. What he thought was a VIP price because it was my car, I'm a long time customer, was actually an expensive shotty car wash. I picked up my car this morning and I could wipe dirt off the floor with my finger and there was soap scum on my passenger side mirror. I was told since I actually drive my car that they didn't recommend detailing it. If someone asks for a detail they should get a detail. I don't get it. Anyway, car wasn't detailed and I'm bummed. :(

I'm looking for a new place in the bay area. Someone that is familiar with the Elise and will do a thorough job. I want full inside and out. No corners cut, no rolled down streaked windows.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
a friend of mine told me that AJ's auto detailing in San Jose on Coleman is a good place. he said that he's seen lambos and ferraris there, along with some Lotus (plural).
They detailed an MR2 of mine many, many years ago and the results were amazing, I loved it.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Love AJs!! Excellent job on all the cars I brought to them.

(yes, sometimes I do have my car washed - usually right before I sell it ;))

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll send my friend this thread.

they didnt charge you for detailing it did they?(or charge your friend)
They charged him $50 for a subpar car wash.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll detail it for you next time I'm visiting and a certain person I know will polish your shoes - Ha Ha
Hmmm... Waldo? :huh: Are we acquainted? :shrug:

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
WTF!

I need to move to SF and start a car washing business if they can get away with crap like that.
You can probably pull the same crap in NY :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts