The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my car has subjected it to some pretty dodgy detailing and it has it's fair share of swirls that I would like to have properly removed. Can anybody recommend a good detail shop in the San Fernando Valley?

I want to get this done before having my StickerCity.com racing stripes applied.

Cheers

·
Registered
912 Posts
VIP detailing on Reseda and Sherman Way. Speak to John tell him Wilson sent you.
They do excellent work.

VIP Auto Detailing
(818) 609-7561
7007 Canby Ave, Reseda, CA 91335

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Eric, did you use the recommendation above or did you use another shop? I'm looking for a detailer to remove swirls and scratches. I'm not sure who to trust and what kind of questions to ask, etc, to find a worthy person.

If anyone has a recommendation, let me know. Pretty much anywhere in SoCal. Ventura, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego. I travel a lot and I'll drive there for the right recommendation.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I have a friend that owns a mobile detailing business. I can ask him for you what he would use/etc and price. Got a picture of the scratches in the clear coat?

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I do not have any pictures. Never tried to take a picture of it. The roof has slight swirling and then a few minor scratches here and there. I was hoping to view someone's car (or at least hear a customer's review) as it turns out I'm pretty picky about my car.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, a thread back from the dead. I've been waiting to get more paint work done by Mulholland Motorsports... The job they did on my front clam was fabulous - great paint match and blend.:clap:
Given the amount of money involved and a general lack of ability to live without my car for any length of time, I may try the above shop for some color sanding in the meantime.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
lol for some reason I thought it was 3/2010 so I thought it was just a few months old. Ha Ha, my bad. :D I searched detail and your thread came up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts