The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bloomberg.com: Exclusive

$57,400???? Seriously guys you're still asking too much. Aim for sub $40k.
Hilarious. Sounds like the writer is trying to drum up interest in these cars. Unfortunate or not, I still believe GM or Ford burping creates more attention than either of these two cars can manage at this point.

The fact that it is on Bloomberg leads me to believe this as well, everyone loves to create financial speculation and investor interest on financial web sites...

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
They're counting on the Federal $7,500 tax break you get so that lowers the base to $49,900, plus what you would save in gas brings the price down even more.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Hilarious. Sounds like the writer is trying to drum up interest in these cars. The fact that it is on Bloomberg leads me to believe this as well, everyone loves to create financial speculation and investor interest on financial web sites...
...i find this spin particularly amusing...

---

While Fisker designed his car and has a drivetrain from partner Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc., he outsourced engineering and production work.

“You don’t have this heavy drain on cash,” Fisker said. “That gives you a whole new potential that wasn’t available 20 or 30 years ago.”

Tesla’s Musk wants to keep design and engineering in-house for brand distinction.

If everything is outsourced how do you build brand value,” Musk said.

Both companies have rushed to secure investors.

“The reason many of the car startups fail fast is that they couldn’t cover the immense investment of creating a car from the ground up,” Casesa said. “In many ways, Fisker is not creating a car from the ground up in the same way Tesla is.

---

...emphasis added; my take on both companies is just the opposite...

·
Registered
442 Posts
>>>Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk, 37,

ughhhh.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
...i find this spin particularly amusing...

---

While Fisker designed his car and has a drivetrain from partner Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc., he outsourced engineering and production work.

“You don’t have this heavy drain on cash,” Fisker said. “That gives you a whole new potential that wasn’t available 20 or 30 years ago.”

Tesla’s Musk wants to keep design and engineering in-house for brand distinction.

If everything is outsourced how do you build brand value,” Musk said.

Both companies have rushed to secure investors.

“The reason many of the car startups fail fast is that they couldn’t cover the immense investment of creating a car from the ground up,” Casesa said. “In many ways, Fisker is not creating a car from the ground up in the same way Tesla is.

---

...emphasis added; my take on both companies is just the opposite...
That reminds me of the Dodge EV articles that say that it looks pretty similar to the Lotus Europa.......................................... :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts