The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have made a facebook group and am trying to get a first meet together for the year. My plan is April 26th 2014 we all meet up at Autozone bookstore in Birmingham mi for cars and coffee. Then following, we can go for photos somewhere and lunch.

If you need to contact me PM me for my number or email me at [email protected]

Cheers,

Zach

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I should be in. I'll double check the schedule when I get back in town. What's a normal start time for these cars n coffee type things.

I don't drink coffee so maybe that's why I don't understand????

·
Registered
85 Posts
I should be in. I'll double check the schedule when I get back in town. What's a normal start time for these cars n coffee type things.

I don't drink coffee so maybe that's why I don't understand????

It's from 8-10 am Saturdays, but the parking spots fill in before 10 when the weather is nice. The sign on the place reads Pasteiner's now. I think the name changed last year sometime. www.autozonehobbies.com

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
If you don't get there early....you will not have a place to park....and if you DO get a place to park, you will most likely get parked in until it's over. Great cars there ( you never know WHAT will show up ! )....but, only parking for maybe 25 cars.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If there are any plans for a dedicated Lotus meet or perhaps a meet at a larger venue I would be in. Kestrel's bleak depiction of the cramped environment has me feeling claustrophobic.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If there are any plans for a dedicated Lotus meet or perhaps a meet at a larger venue I would be in. Kestrel's bleak depiction of the cramped environment has me feeling claustrophobic.
The parking lot for Pasteiner's is small like Kestrel said, but there is also some parking for other stores which don't open until 10 am. Some cars have also been parking in the alley behind the store and in a realtor's parking area next to Pasteiner's. You will probably be able to park if you get there by 8:30 or maybe 9. I'll go there tomorrow morning and see how the parking looks.

There are plenty of restaurants and probably a park in the area that could be used too.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We could always make our own spot next to the place and walk if we can use another companies parking lot. See if we draw a crowd. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Another idea. A mile south of Pasteiner's/Auto Zone there is a big parking lot at Northwood mall at 13 Mile & Woodward in Royal Oak. The area along 13 Mile has plenty of open space for parking. In the mall there is a Leo's Coney Island and there's a Starbuck's within short walking distance on Woodward. Starbuck's parking lot is busy and so parking there might not be good.

There is also Duggan's Irish Pub a little farther north on Woodward. A long time a ago they gave us an area for Lotus cars. They would probably do it again if we gave them an approx. number of cars. They don't open until 11 am on Saturday though.

Any thoughts on these places or other ideas?

Bob

·
Registered
85 Posts
We could always make our own spot next to the place and walk if we can use another companies parking lot. See if we draw a crowd. :)
Sorry I missed this. We could park in next lot a block north of Pasteiner's/Auto Zone. There's a Little Caesars there and they don't open until 11, so they shouldn't care about some parking in the morning.
It's a short walk to Pasteiner's if you want to see the cars there.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Getting Lotus out of winter storage tomorrow, though I've managed 5 days on the track this year already. I'm magic!

Pasteiner's will be full unless you get there at 8 or it rains, but there are plenty of places around there to park. Drive north on Woodward five miles and get together on the grounds of Cranbrook for photos. Plenty of space near the art museum or down below.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Bah! I am in Chicago that weekend... but mine has been out and about full time for over a week now :) So nice to be back in the car again... Looking forward to seeing you guys out there this summer.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry I missed this. We could park in next lot a block north of Pasteiner's/Auto Zone. There's a Little Caesars there and they don't open until 11, so they shouldn't care about some parking in the morning.
It's a short walk to Pasteiner's if you want to see the cars there.
I like this idea....

Z

·
Registered
85 Posts
There was parking in front of Little Caesars and a sign shop on Saturday at about 10 am, so this area should work for parking on the 26th. It's a block north of Pasteiner's which was really busy because of the nice weather. I'll have to get my Elan out and probably tinker with it.

I saw a blue Elise when I went by that was parked on a side street next to Pasteiner's.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
See you all bright and early sat morning. Hopefully we have a good turn out.

Cheers,
Z

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
It doesn't look like the Elise will be ready in time, but I should be there with the girlfriend in her Sky Redline. Here's to hoping for good weather!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
135 Posts
I will be coming! Also, wondering exactly where we settled on?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts