1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who: Lotus Talk Members:shift:
What: Sunday Morning Drive :nanner2:
When: Sunday Aug 9th, meet between 8:45 and 9am
Where: Rudy's BBQ in Frisco off the DNT ( Northbound )

Etc: A F-Chat member asked if I would put together a small group, medium length drive, this coming Sunday. Who am I to say no? ( I drove a route today starting in Waxahachie ending in Stephensville at Hard 8's BBQ , just to see what I could find for future drives,... )

I am thinking we will meet in the parking lot of Rudy's BBQ in Frisco, they have fuel, and easy entry back to the Tollway. I am thinking we meet between 8:45 - 9am, chose the route, and doors close no later than 9:15am.

The route will be determined by those who show up, ending at lunch ( TBD ), and getting everyone back to the DFW area before 1pm.

Please arrive on time as well as:

1. Full tank of fuel for start of drive
2. FRS radio ( channel 7 - 0 )
3. Co-Pilot's are always good, but not required

Please feel free to PM me if you are interested in attending, this drive will be limited to 8 -10 cars and like minded drivers only.;)

Steve

( Yes, this is restricted to Lotus and Ferrari owners only )
< Keith, you should come on THIS drive, bring either cars :up: )

The List:

1. Sweet&Low
2. TTZip
3. toedrag
4. Eric H
5. 5qf3764b
6. Kabob
7. bluejae
8. 330GT2+2
9. 355 Spyder
10. SAFE4NOW ( lead car )

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lunch Spots

Possible Lunch Spots:

Celina - Lucy's on the Square
Tioga - Clark's BBQ
Sanger - Babe's Chicken
Sherman - City Limit's
Other -

This drive will be 1.5h - 2h max, so that everyone can get back to DFW by 1pm or so.

Steve

·
Registered
365 Posts
PM on the way!! Yes!! :coolnana:

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'll do some begging and get back to you. Anyone want to paint my living room while I go on a drive???

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sweet, my other commitments on Sunday just moved to later in the day, so I will make the drive but most likely will have to bug out at lunch.
Great! We finally meet. Wanna make a mini drive there? :D

I'll do some begging and get back to you. Anyone want to paint my living room while I go on a drive???
Just tell your wife my wife is going as well and she will have someone to chat with. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
You can paint anytime, you can only commune with Lotuses and Ferrari on rare occasions. The choice is easy!

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great! We finally meet. Wanna make a mini drive there? :D

Just tell your wife my wife is going as well and she will have someone to chat with. :)
Lily will be there as well, + other's so , bring your wife with you!

Steve

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet, my other commitments on Sunday just moved to later in the day, so I will make the drive but most likely will have to bug out at lunch.
Good deal guys! See you there

Steve

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,435 Posts
Rudy's.. my fav BBQ place.. but believe it or not I have yet to visit ours. Used to love it in Austin...

My wife won't make it this time... I got lucky I could fit the drive in at all this weekend.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Got the kitchen pass for Sunday, so I'm in. The wife won't make it unless we find a place to park the kiddos. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
i'm going to try and make it. but won't be able to join for lunch if i do. going to try and get back by 12ish... i guess i'll try and figure out when to turn back after we figure out a route.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'm going to try and make it. but won't be able to join for lunch if i do. going to try and get back by 12ish... i guess i'll try and figure out when to turn back after we figure out a route.
We will be " at lunch " by 11am. With that said, I am feeling we will either end at Lucy's in Celina or Babe's in Frisco, either way, even if you do have lunch, you will be back in time.

If not, you will be close to the tollway and back in town quickly.

Steve

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like the Loti will out number the F-cars.. I have only had 2 confirm as of today.

On the other hand, they invite went out via e-mail blast, to all the FCA members, so they may show up unannounced...

No matter, it will be a fun, dry, slow paced drive.

Steve

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rudy's.. my fav BBQ place.. but believe it or not I have yet to visit ours. Used to love it in Austin...

My wife won't make it this time... I got lucky I could fit the drive in at all this weekend.
I drove all the way to Austin to enjoy their BBQ...:drool: THEN I realized there was the Frisco location... Doh :wallbang:

Steve

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
... added " the " list....

Who: Lotus Talk Members:shift:
What: Sunday Morning Drive :nanner2:
When: Sunday Aug 9th, meet between 8:45 and 9am
Where: Rudy's BBQ in Frisco off the DNT ( Northbound )

Etc: A F-Chat member asked if I would put together a small group, medium length drive, this coming Sunday. Who am I to say no? ( I drove a route today starting in Waxahachie ending in Stephensville at Hard 8's BBQ , just to see what I could find for future drives,... )

I am thinking we will meet in the parking lot of Rudy's BBQ in Frisco, they have fuel, and easy entry back to the Tollway. I am thinking we meet between 8:45 - 9am, chose the route, and doors close no later than 9:15am.

The route will be determined by those who show up, ending at lunch ( TBD ), and getting everyone back to the DFW area before 1pm.

Please arrive on time as well as:

1. Full tank of fuel for start of drive
2. FRS radio ( channel 7 - 0 )
3. Co-Pilot's are always good, but not required

Please feel free to PM me if you are interested in attending, this drive will be limited to 8 -10 cars and like minded drivers only.;)

Steve

( Yes, this is restricted to Lotus and Ferrari owners only )
< Keith, you should come on THIS drive, bring either cars :up: )

The List:

1. Sweet&Low
2. TTZip
3. toedrag
4. Eric H
5. 5qf3764b
6. Kabob
7. bluejae
8. 330GT2+2
9. 355 Spyder
10. SAFE4NOW ( lead car )
All 10 spots are full, there may be a few add on F-Cars that are not expected, heck, Keith could always suprise us and show up in the F40 and represent both forums....;)

See everyone in the morning!

Steve

1 - 20 of 32 Posts