The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DFW Lotus owners!

I'm driving my Elise from Tulsa to MSR on April 7th for a track day on the 8th. My employer has decided I need to be in Vegas the next morning. Therefore, my only real option is to leave the car in Dallas until I fly back on the 12th.

Does anybody know if there are safe and secure parking options at, or near DFW? I've googled it and found plenty of parking but nothing that advertises secure parking. I mean, I don't need Fort Knox but it would be nice to know that the place is monitored or somehow secured. Call me paranoid.

Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't have a specific answer for you but try the North Texas Lotus Club page on Facebook (you will have to join as it is private). I would also recommend the trackjunkies.org forum witch is a Texas focused track forum, many more track guys there will feel your pain and maybe someone has some garage space near the airport.

Worst comes to worst, you can park the car in front of my house. Safe neighborhood, (golf course community) but I obviously cant guarantee anything, I have left my Exige on the street overnight and all but you know... it's my baby and she gets cold so I am obviously more comfortable with her in the unnecessarily heated garage. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a specific answer for you but try the North Texas Lotus Club page on Facebook (you will have to join as it is private). I would also recommend the trackjunkies.org forum witch is a Texas focused track forum, many more track guys there will feel your pain and maybe someone has some garage space near the airport.

Worst comes to worst, you can park the car in front of my house. Safe neighborhood, (golf course community) but I obviously cant guarantee anything, I have left my Exige on the street overnight and all but you know... it's my baby and she gets cold so I am obviously more comfortable with her in the unnecessarily heated garage. :)
Thanks for the information and the offer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey hey saw your post about safe parking in dallas... not sure how close to the airport you're hoping for...but my office building has nice patrolled underground parking...I top off park my elise in there without hesitation...and one of the bosses keeps his car collection in there. It's about 20 minutes from DFW. I never post in the forums...always so busy and distractable :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey hey saw your post about safe parking in dallas... not sure how close to the airport you're hoping for...but my office building has nice patrolled underground parking...I top off park my elise in there without hesitation...and one of the bosses keeps his car collection in there. It's about 20 minutes from DFW. I never post in the forums...always so busy and distractable :p

Thanks for offer! As is often the case in the business world, my employer has changed my plans. If they change them again and I still need help, I'll definitely reach out to you or lotusninja. Again, I really appreciate the offers from both of you! If either of you find yourself in Tulsa, hit me up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts