The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning for people who live in an area defined as 'rural' by DHL - Ordered a very small part (1lb total weight) from Lotus Motorsports in Boston, they shipped the part on July 3rd to my address in Maine. Still haven't received the box and it's scheduled for deliver on the 14th!!!! :huh:

So, a call to DHL and the rep says that beginning July 1st, areas considered rural are handled differently. In my case, the shipment goes south to Rhode Island and sits there for several days. Then it's handed off to the USPS for delivery. rotfl. rotfl Nope, no problem with my shipment according to DHL, this is normal DHL delivery time. rotfl

Now, Maine is a rural state. But I live in a CITY 1/2 mile from a major highway, not out in the country. I could have shipped the part on a f#%&$# donkey and had faster service. Seven business days for shipping with DHL compared to One day standard ground with Fedex or UPS. DHL, you suck!

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
John- it is Maine. The state is empty. How many people live in your state? 5 or 600rotfl

That coming from a guy who lives in Kansas. I'm always happy the we have states like Maine and West Virginia to make my state look good;)

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
604 Posts
DHL good for international delivery and major metropolitan area only. Within U.S. and Canada use Fedex or USPS or UPS.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
DHL does suck. They charged me twice for a bumper that I shipped

·
Registered
617 Posts
John- it is Maine. The state is empty. How many people live in your state? 5 or 600rotfl

Phil
i know thats a joke and all but southern maine is actually very crowded..

hows the build coming along?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

That coming from a guy who lives in Kansas. I'm always happy the we have states like Maine and West Virginia to make my state look good;)

Cheers,

Phil

601 people thank you very much! :) Maine does have it problems, that's for sure.

·
Registered
208 Posts
DHL good for international delivery and major metropolitan area only. Within U.S. and Canada use Fedex or USPS or UPS.
Yes, it took 8 days to receive my 2bular in Québec, Canada from Jim (Scotland) with DHL. Not too bad...But if you wanna ship to Canada from USA, please use USPS ! Fedex and UPS need crazy brokerage fees...:crazyeyes

Regards,

Jean

·
Registered
744 Posts
Warning for people who live in an area defined as 'rural' by DHL - Ordered a very small part (1lb total weight) from Lotus Motorsports in Boston, they shipped the part on July 3rd to my address in Maine. Still haven't received the box and it's scheduled for deliver on the 14th!!!! :huh:

So, a call to DHL and the rep says that beginning July 1st, areas considered rural are handled differently. In my case, the shipment goes south to Rhode Island and sits there for several days. Then it's handed off to the USPS for delivery. rotfl. rotfl Nope, no problem with my shipment according to DHL, this is normal DHL delivery time. rotfl

Now, Maine is a rural state. But I live in a CITY 1/2 mile from a major highway, not out in the country. I could have shipped the part on a f#%&$# donkey and had faster service. Seven business days for shipping with DHL compared to One day standard ground with Fedex or UPS. DHL, you suck!
11 Days?!?! Man that sucks. I've shipped stuff international using DHL and it gets there in 3 days!!!

I've had the most problems with Fedex though, I've had at least 4 or 5 packages lost by them and many of them delivered to my neighbors and signature required packages left at the door, it's horrible. UPS was the best experience for me though.

I don't think there's a lot companies that uses DHL for domestic packages, only documents.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had a DHL delivery guy forge my signature and leave a delivery on my front porch while I was at work. It was my wife's Christmas present so when I got home I scooped it up and stashed it in the garage until the next day. When I looked at it the next day, it (a rug from pottery barn) had a four inch hole in it. It took me 4 months to get my money back from my credit card company. DHL flat out refused any liabilty even though I had shipping insurance. I'll pay extra if I have to in order to never give them another dime. :mad:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
You think DHL is bad? I've had 4 FedEx packages go missing in the past 6 months. All high dollar items that were mostly "signed" for by a mysterious individual (or left at the door with contradicting stories). One was sent back due to incorrect address - when the vendor read it back it was the correct address. This is why we have insurance - but when it takes months to get reimbursed, then it gets quite frustrating. Oddly enough, UPS has been perfect out here, and on the east coast, UPS was the worst (half my packages looked like they were run over by a freight train).

·
Registered
65 Posts
DHL good for international delivery

My DHL experiences:
- I get stuff from the UK quickly.
- The stuff I have sent within the States get lost. :mad:

·
Registered
847 Posts
You think DHL is bad? I've had 4 FedEx packages go missing in the past 6 months. All high dollar items that were mostly "signed" for by a mysterious individual (or left at the door with contradicting stories). One was sent back due to incorrect address - when the vendor read it back it was the correct address. This is why we have insurance - but when it takes months to get reimbursed, then it gets quite frustrating. Oddly enough, UPS has been perfect out here, and on the east coast, UPS was the worst (half my packages looked like they were run over by a freight train).
Sounds like your route driver has sticky fingers.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I had a DHL delivery guy forge my signature and leave a delivery on my front porch while I was at work. It was my wife's Christmas present so when I got home I scooped it up and stashed it in the garage until the next day. When I looked at it the next day, it (a rug from pottery barn) had a four inch hole in it. It took me 4 months to get my money back from my credit card company. DHL flat out refused any liabilty even though I had shipping insurance. I'll pay extra if I have to in order to never give them another dime. :mad:

Forged your sig? Isn't that illegal?

I use USPS and have never had a problem so far.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well, all you talk about is my bread and butter. I cant wait for DHL to go out of biz (official date is sep 31 for residential deliveries).--> More new accounts for FedEx HD. Then i will buy me a new lotus again.
FedEx guy forged your sig? PM me more info and he is fired. Gotta keep the house clean.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Maybe it's in here.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Buddy of mine was shipped 3 boxes of Z parts, cats, suspension and sways + exhaust. The cats & suspension boxes made it, but somewhere along the way the sways + exhaust were transformed into four 24" wooden crucifixes. A sign from God that DHL sucks ass.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
It sort of bothers me that some of you have had a bad experience with Fedx. When I ship and it has to be there and not get lost...I use Fedx and have never had a problem in 26 years in the computer business and selling cars business.

What does our Fedx guy have to say about this? I am truly surprised...no sarcasam at all...that some of you are have problems with Fedx.

I always use them to ship titles to cars....important papers...etc. I NEVER use DHL. I can tell you how many things they have lost on me over the years.

Is DHL going out of business?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts