The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows of a good diagnostic tool for the Lotus Exige? I bought a 06' Exige in an auction last week and I was able to start the engine by spraying some gas from the top, since it didn't want to start by just pressing the start button. I am assuming the fuel pump is not working or some electrical issue. I have a CP9580 scanner but it is not helping since the engine light is not on. Any good tool I can use to diagnose the Exige? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
If there is no code to read, and you can't get the car to run, then the scan tool won't help. Even without a check engine code, the tool would really only be useful to log data from a running engine.

The most you can do at this point would be to check the sensor values and compare them to the normal pre-start sensor vales to see if something is off...

But it sounds like you need to check the basics, fuel, spark, air, and cam/crank timing signal. Then go from there.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Your Alarm is not dis-engaged most likely. The alarm disables the fuel pump. Behind the driver's seat is an access panel which accesses the fuel pump. See if it is getting power before you do too much critical analysis. No power to pump, most likely the fuel pump has been disabled by the alarm. If the car has been wrecked, there is a reset button you need to hit in the engine compartment, on the driver's side. It performs a fuel cut-off when an impact has occurred.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bri3d was right. It was the inertia switch. I reset it as soon as I got home and started right up. Now everything works. Time for a bodywork and a paint job. In a couple of weeks it should be like new and of course mods will start right after that. :).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
905 Posts
Congrats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts