The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are interested in attending an informal meet. I thought we should get together and introduce ourselves over at a coffee house like "Its A Grind" in between Diamond Bar Blvd and Grand Avenue.

From there, those who are interested in getting a bite to eat, we can then decide together where to get some dinner.

It's a Grind Coffee House
Welcome It's A Grind Coffee House the premier Retail Specialty Coffee House Franchise

1223 S Diamond Bar Blvd
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
(909) 861-5120

Chino Hills has more restaurants available so I am throwing that idea in if you all wish to have dinner together afterwards. I know some people have jobs the next day so you might have to cut the night short.

The date shall be on a weekday. How about next Thursday 08/14/08?
Does anyone object to this date or have a schedule conflict?

Will everyone be able to get their Elise/Exige back from their shop on time?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
For those who are interested in attending an informal meet. I thought we should get together and introduce ourselves over at a coffee house like "Its A Grind" in between Diamond Bar Blvd and Grand Avenue.

From there, those who are interested in getting a bite to eat, we can then decide together where to get some dinner.

It's a Grind Coffee House
Welcome It's A Grind Coffee House the premier Retail Specialty Coffee House Franchise

1223 S Diamond Bar Blvd
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
(909) 861-5120

Chino Hills has more restaurants available so I am throwing that idea in if you all wish to have dinner together afterwards. I know some people have jobs the next day so you might have to cut the night short.

The date shall be on a weekday. How about next Thursday 08/14/08?
Does anyone object to this date or have a schedule conflict?

Will everyone be able to get their Elise/Exige back from their shop on time?
Sounds good to me!

:cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
count me in

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
next thrus might conflict with my shed, but depends on what time we are actually going to meet up?

thanx for doing this Andy!!!

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
FINALLY...right down the street from me!

I'm IN (as long as it is after work in the evening....)
(and as long as my car survives Buttonwillow)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
if the meet goes well, we might be able to do it on a regular basis...hopefully at least once a month...its up to TrendyExige

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking 7pm would be an ideal time for most people. I don't want anyone to rush to get there. Getting over there without running into any local law enforcements will keep everyone in a good mood. :clap:

FINALLY...right down the street from me!

I'm IN (as long as it is after work in the evening....)
(and as long as my car survives Buttonwillow)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If everyone can make it to this one first, then we can start from there basing it on everyone's impression. I think that would be best.

I know the Nsx guys meet the first Thursday of every month at the Acura's Costa Mesa dealership, and it's been ongoing for several years. I can only imagine Lotus community can turn out just as great. There's really no magic.

It's all about the people and the love for our cars! :D

Are you guys gona get together again in early Nov?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I'd go just to meet everybody, but some of us are leaving for the Monterey Historics the next morning at 6am and I'll probably still be prepping the car.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch the next one.

Cheers,
Jacob

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From what I gather from these meets, I usually would wait until one day before the meeting date and get an accurate number of people who will actually show up.

Most people usually say they'll be there in the very beginning, and sometimes things come up for them. However, there are those who don't post anything at all, they then decide at the last minute to attend. :shrug:

In other words, its commonly unpredictable. :confused:

BUMP!

Anyone else going to make it?

1 - 20 of 121 Posts