The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got the car delivered to me in WI from MO on Wednesday, & took the last 2 days prepping it

heres a little run down

- new plugs & air filter (now i know why everyone complains about changing the air filter... it took a little finessing)

- oil change with Eneos 5w40 (love that stuff)... also trans fluid with 2qt of mt90 & half qt of syncromesh (so far so good)

-S111 engine mount inserts

-fixed the oil line fittings with a DIY made kit (used the fittings/clamps that 'ChrisH' used in his write-up on Lotustalk & bypassed my driver side cooler while the front clam was off. now just running a single cooler from the passenger side)

*sorry i didn't take pics of the new cooler setup when the clam was off

- did the s111 rear panel eliminator & had my buddy fab me up a custom exhaust at his shop (similar to the quarter stick design which I like)

not even an hour into ownership I was already having the front clam removed & rear end getting a makeover... only way to learn right?

also, is anyone running the s111 DSbrace for the rear toe links? I bought them but wont be installing till I actually need an alignment.

I absolutely love this car though!

thanks to lotustalk for the abundant info that helped me with all the projects over the last 2 days

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
oh by the way...

after stalking lotustalk for over a year I found out this is my car

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/905388-post8.html

the previous owner also swapped out the automatic windows with manual ones

apparently i'm the 5th owner but i'm happy to bring this Elise back to the community & plan on being around for a while.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Welcome to the group and well done jumping in with both feet. I had mine at the track within 4 days of it being delivered but didn't start mods until after that. Front clam off after 1 hour of ownership is impressive.

You should fit right in. What's your goal/plan for the car? Track toy or weekend fun?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's your goal/plan for the car? Track toy or weekend fun?

little bit of both, but more of a weekend/fun car than anything

plans will be to keep it pretty simple until its all paid off, over the winter ill get the NA/charliex tune for it but other than that it'll stay NA.

I certainly would mind testing it out on Road America some time in the future though :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts