The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I look around on the board the more CO owners or CO deposit holders I see! I swear its starting to seem like CO is the most common color! Maybe there were just more CO cars in the first batches so it seems that way?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
What's really surprised me is how few ardent red cars are out there, I thought sure that'd be one of the most popular colors.
I'm sure Lotus is happy that CO has been a popular color.
Chris

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm not waivering - Ardent/biscuit for me - you still like yours Chris? LOL

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This new car is Saffron. Im looking forward to Saffron but I have to be honest. If I had my druthers I think I'd like to have Ardent Red or Magnetic Blue ( instead of saffron). I wish I had cancelled the yellow car and taken the red one.

Im very happy with Chrome Orange and so very very glad we went for the gusto.

Ive had three red miatas and two red FD RX7's, I just love the color. We recently sold one RX7 and two of the miatas so now Im left with just two red cars. This will be my first yellow car so I'll still be happy with that. :clap:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
CO turned out to be far more popular than I thought it would be. We even converted you to the Orange side OFL :D

It doesn't change my choice though, if I had put two deposits down I would have bought 2 in CO, there is no substitute :p

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Shoot, I'm glad CO is popular -- maybe this will help my delivery chances by a week or two!

I'm glad I went for the gusto as well -- as I see more and more colors in person, I walk away decidedly unimpressed. Except for CO. (And having seen CO, saffron, magnetic blue, arctic silver, and ardent red, I would definitely choose the red if CO wasn't an option.)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
If you look for the sticky thread on "What color did you choose?", it went like this in terms of popularity:

1) SY 48
2) AR 38
3) ST 31
4) BRP 27
5) CO 25
6) AS 21

That's from the Elise Experience. For a color that had to be petitioned for, CO is a HUGE seller! I like it better and better, right behind my BRP and LB.

Now as for the losers:

AP 2 :huh:
AB 1 -eek-

Do ya think Lotus will replace one of these fugly colors with white?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
adamant said:
We even converted you to the Orange side OFL :D

Actually, not to pick nits, but Ive always been a CO fan! Even before most of us knew Elisetalk existed. I was one of the one of the original group who emailed Clyde back in the roadfly days a few years ago about the color. The mention of CO came up and Clyde asked for those who wanted CO to email him. I was one of those people. :)

Then I saw Ardent Red at the Auto show in Atlanta and fell in love but CO was always on my mind. I made a few joking comments about leading the Great Pumpkin parade and I think people thought that I didnt like CO. But I always have. When Zvedzdah finally got some pics of it from LCUSA I was hooked again. :)

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
i think these cars just look better with lighter colors....i like the color of aub. purple, but all the black trims blend in to much. so, i dont care for dark colors on this car. and the dark colors tend to hide the lines a bit too.
the light colors like sy, ar, and co tend to make the lines of the car stand out and offers great contrast to all the black trim.
imo.....

·
Registered
591 Posts
Surferjer said:

Now as for the losers:

AP 2 :huh:
AB 1 -eek-

Do ya think Lotus will replace one of these fugly colors with white?
As someone getting Aubergine, I would not describe it as fugly (at least I hope it isn't, not having seen one in person). Iwould be glad if it was discontinued. I have never been afraid of not following the masses. Aubergine is a very regal color and not appropriate for the masses:D I did not buy the Lotus to be like everyone else. It is a stand out car and deserves a color that is not run-of-the-mill.

Remember, when you insult one of the colors, you are essentially calling someone's baby ugly. Those are fighting words in Texas!:no: The police wouldn't even arrest you for killing them. Once they heard the story, they would just call it a suicide because clearly you wanted to die, otherwise you wouldn't have said it.

Greg

·
Registered
639 Posts
Jennifer - I was right there with you. My conversion happened at LOG 22. There was a Chrome Orange Europa there that was stunning. It was the first smaller car I had seen in that color, and the lines of the Europa really brought out the pearlescent yellow highlights.

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
maybe we should have another updated poll on color selection....i am sure it will be different now that people have seen some colors in person....

i still cant wait to get my Ardent/black !

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RACER-X....you made me recall a funny story.

We were on a "hay ride" with about 30 other people this past weekend at a local winery. The tractor passed by our car on our way out to the feilds. The guy sitting behind me with his wife and kids saw the car and said " wow thats a really neat car but what an ugly color". My husband said "well thats my car and your kids are ugly and I can repaint my car".

Well..actually we just sat silent and chuckled and my husband said that at dinner afterwards, not in front of the guys kids. :)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Let me get this out of the way up front, I love my lazer blue. Thank You LCU and Lotus.

Now the fact of the matter is that even AP and AB, colors commonly ripped on the board, look pretty good on the car. This car comes in so many colors and they all look so good, I really don't think there is a bad choice out there (except KG :p )

I would expect White to show up in a couple of months as a standard color with Yellow and Ardent Red.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
RacerX-I apologize. Actually, purple ain't that bad. There won't be many of them around, but I don't know if that's good or bad. I will not further comment on the bronze.

One thing for sure-cudos to Lotus for offering the rainbow of colors! I remember when the Miata hit our shores, and it was opaque red, white or blue-nothing metallic.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
This new car is Saffron. Im looking forward to Saffron but I have to be honest. If I had my druthers I think I'd like to have Ardent Red or Magnetic Blue ( instead of saffron). I wish I had cancelled the yellow car and taken the red one.
Wanna trade your yellow for my upcoming [insert color here]? :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts