The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first auotcross yesterday!!!

Well, I did my first autocross yesterday. It was in Dallas. There were 192 entries. They said that was about twice the normal entries. We only got to do three runs. I improved my time on all three. In fact, I messed up a little on a turn on the last run and it was still my fastest. I think I could have pushed a little harder since I didn't hit any cones or spin out. I placed 6th in the novice group I was in but ended up 10th due to the pax score thing. I drive a 2001 MR2. I guess that's actually supposed to be a fast car in autocross. I did notice that I was still faster than some corvettes and some weren't even novices.

Anyway it was pretty fun. I'll probably try again. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should get the sport package for the Elise. I will still plan on using this for a daily driver.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It's a lot of fun isn't it? In Houston there were a lot of autocrosses, SCCA once per month, BMW club with 9 evnets per year, and the Porsche club had some number each year like 7. If Dallas is as active there will be lots of opportunity.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy Chase said:
Congrats! It can become addicting.

If you want setup advice on your car, feel free to ask me.

http://web.mitsi.com/autocross/
http://www.chases.org/cars/alignment.html
http://www.chases.org/cars/fittingtires.html

I think you will still be happy without the sport package. If you truly get serious, you can upgrade bits later.
Thanks Randy, I'll probably need some advice as I get more into it. By the way, they put me in c stock, does that sound right? I guess this is the same class as the miatas. Also, if I don't get the sport package and add something later , will this put me in a different class with the elise rather than if I did get it right away?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
You should not be in C Stock. You (naturally aspirated 2.2l engine) should be in E Stock. Your car rules that class.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy Chase said:
You should not be in C Stock. You (naturally aspirated 2.2l engine) should be in E Stock. Your car rules that class.
There was a 2003 MR2 there and they put him in e class. We both got confused because he said the tech guy told him he was in the wrong class. Does e class have a better pax factor? Where can I find info on classes and these pax scores? Are the cars supposed to be faster the higher in the alphabet? If so, maybe I would have placed better.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Yeah, your index would have been better for you in ES.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You've got a Spyder, and that puts you in C Stock. Randy somehow got the idea that you had a 2nd-generation non-turbo MR2, which would be in E-Stock.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts