The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local dealership has a 2013 Evora which has a red turbo badge on the back. I have been doing my research and haven't found a single instance where a turbo was offered, but I have only recently been looking to get a Lotus.

I'd like to check the vehicle out for the sake of looking at it, but does anyone know where a turbo has been offered with this year and model?

Ad: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/747375250/overview/?aff=atempest&CMP=atempest

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Either aftermarket or from a former crack dealer. NEVER stock. A local dealership that would leave that sticker on the car is questionable at best.

Reactions: Lckitty and Kubera

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
Did that Evora leave the factory with a turbo? No. Has any Evora ever left the factory with a turbo? Again, no.

If you go to inspect the car, ask to see the turbo because that car appears to be a 2013 N/A IPS with the 19/20 forged wheels. I agree that whether it’s turbo charged or not, I’d take that badge off the back. If it is turbo charged, I would question the quality of the install and tune, especially with it being an IPS.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The 99c Turbo is removable and that’s will make the Evora NA faster.
Nothing Turbo about this car, and if you’re in the market for Automatic transmission, it’s seems like a clean car, and the reduced price is probably negotiable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went out to see the car. The badge was taken off, but whoever owned the care before surly didn't take care of it. Engine bay was all kinds of messed up, and the bay cover badging was peeling off.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Went out to see the car. The badge was taken off, but whoever owned the care before surly didn't take care of it. Engine bay was all kinds of messed up, and the bay cover badging was peeling off.

How messy the engine bay can be? If got spiderweb it’s a good sign. The bay in the NA is very clean and somewhat accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts