The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LotusRaceShop.com
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those in Northern California, We are Stocking R888 in Lotus sizes in addition to AO48's and AD07's.
We can get them in other sizes, Just let us know.

Also in stock;
Pentosyn 5W/40 synthetic Motor Oil. And Filters/Drain Plug Washers.
EBC rotors & pads.
Stock rotors and pads.
Many of Sector 111 Items, Many more to be stocked soon.
Many Brake options for the Cup 240 and 255.
HID H1 and H7 kits - Low Beam Installed for 495.00, with Lifetime Warranty.
Common Clips and other Hardware.

Thanks - Rob.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Have you tried r888's at all? Personal opinion?

Same sizes/weight as the a048?

Will probably need new tires/oil after this weekends auto-x:D. I like the a048s so I am curious what differences I will experience if I got the R888's (grip/wear/etc)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've heard great things about these. A Lambo client of mine has them on right now and says they are like street legal slicks. The difference in feel is night and day from stock, especially at speed. Also, says not to drive them in the rain. Those should be fun a Lotus. :)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Sooo many threads on 888s...

The general opinion is that they last longer than the 048s. Some seem to prefer the 048 grip better until they heat cycle. If you are doing autoX and driving to the track, you will be heat cycling your tires.

My 888s are great so far. 4 track days 1 autoX and driving to/from track. I'll probably get just a couple more days out of them and then change them out.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
For those in Northern California, We are Stocking R888 in Lotus sizes in addition to AO48's and AD07's.
We can get them in other sizes, Just let us know.

Also in stock;
Pentosyn 5W/40 synthetic Motor Oil. And Filters/Drain Plug Washers.
EBC rotors & pads.
Stock rotors and pads.
Many of Sector 111 Items, Many more to be stocked soon.
Many Brake options for the Cup 240 and 255.
HID H1 and H7 kits - Low Beam Installed for 495.00, with Lifetime Warranty.
Common Clips and other Hardware.

Thanks - Rob.
Do you have the following in stock from S111?:
Folding Front Tow Hook (Red)
Polished Fire Extinguisher & Bracket
Braille Lightweight Automotive Battery (includes bracket)
Carpet Buttons
Weathershield Cover (Gray)
Boomerang Tow Hook

And are you offering the same $750 free Boomerang deal?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I had Rob install some on mine a few months back, I like em. I was hesitant since I've never boughten a non Yokohama tire, but they perform pretty well. The only thing I don't like is the tire tread. Not as aggressive as the A048s :evil:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Rob put a set of 888's on my car a few months back, and did a shim removal/alignment.
I'm very happy with the handling of my car now. It is better than it ever was in stock form. Now to just get back in there for a hip supercharger install....
CHeers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Regarding EBC brakes for a daily driver, is Red good to go? Is it yellow or green for track, can't remember? What's your experience with EBC brakes: gripping (hot/cold), noise, and dust level? Thanks.

·
LotusRaceShop.com
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brake pads...

Regarding EBC brakes for a daily driver, is Red good to go? Is it yellow or green for track, can't remember? What's your experience with EBC brakes: gripping (hot/cold), noise, and dust level? Thanks.
We're using the Yellows for street and track. Easy on the rotors and no noise once the pads are bedded in with new rotors. They're cleaner than stock pads.
We also stock Pagid and Porterfield's - Rob.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I've heard great things about these. A Lambo client of mine has them on right now and says they are like street legal slicks. The difference in feel is night and day from stock, especially at speed. Also, says not to drive them in the rain. Those should be fun a Lotus. :)
r888's are stickier than the A048's - great for the track!
I will second the comment on NOT driving them in the rain - the one time I was driving on the freeway at 35 mph with hazards, it felt like I was driving on ice...quite scary!

·
Registered
354 Posts
We have a great place here in Maryland. I just picked up the R888's for $170ea. Fronts and $195ea. rears mounted and then paid extra to have them road force balanced. From what I've seen online, I got a great deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts