The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
There must be more to it than that... In australia, based on the website, lifestyle colors include magnetic blue, aztec bronze and aubergine purple, which are not lifestyle colors here...

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
You know, it's funny: For something so easily doable -- i.e., providing dealers with real-world color samples, and posting best-possible color-matched samples on the official website -- Lotus is really letting the ball down. I can understand a lack of info on options in development (such as exhausts), but paint is paint, and we are talking about *existing* paints, right?

Oh well, I will simply try to find solace in the possibility that a manufacturer that can't provide helpful paint info might also be the exact kind of manufacturer that focuses on performance, performance, performance, and produces a baseline package that makes very few concessions to mass market concerns.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
You know, it's funny: For something so easily doable -- i.e., providing dealers with real-world color samples, and posting best-possible color-matched samples on the official website -- Lotus is really letting the ball down. I can understand a lack of info on options in development (such as exhausts), but paint is paint, and we are talking about *existing* paints, right?

Oh well, I will simply try to find solace in the possibility that a manufacturer that can't provide helpful paint info might also be the exact kind of manufacturer that focuses on performance, performance, performance, and produces a baseline package that makes very few concessions to mass market concerns.
Lotus expects to have the first cars here in May and they haven't even finalized the interior details of the car yet! They design great cars, but I don't believe that organization and administration are their strong suits.

Lotus handed out a color chart at the auto show, but they said not to go by it since the colors weren't accurate, so why bother? The color selector on the official web site has very inaccurate photoshop colors, so not very helpful. They could post professional shots of cars in the currently available colors and work out something for the other colors, but it doesn't seem to be happening. As far as I can tell, the mini model display at the auto show has pretty accurate renditions of the colors (except the recently added Lazer Blue), so that might help, but it's indoors with poor lighting.

Basically, they don't need to do this to sell the cars, so they don't seem to make it a priority.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
We really can't expect Lotus to be able to meet our excessive obsessive behaviour. They got a car to build and alot of other things to do. We are the ones thinking all day of how to get this car closer to us in some way. It sure sucks having to wait doesn't it, but it aint there fault being busy with more pressing things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts