The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

Probably a dumb question, but I am having a tough time decifering between Polar Blue and liquid blue. Seems like photographs online just cause further confusion due to different lighting, quality and probably some wrong labels.

I saw an Exige in a powder blueish color that really took me back to seeing a powder blue car (dont remember the make, but remember elf was one of the sponsors) at the 24 hrs of Lemans back in the early 80's. Really sparked my interest in the Exige in that color. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Liquid Blue replaced Polar Blue in 2008 (if I remember the correct year).

You probably saw this car which is a special blue (neither Liquid or Polar) and was called the Exige S Club Racer and only made in 2008:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a ton, that does look very similar. I'm curious how close the other polar blue is to that blue. I havent seen one of those special editions for sale lately.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Polar may be my favorite Lotus color, but I must admit that I've never seen it in person. I have seen that club racer shown above. (Glebur, an LT member in nearby Green Bay has one, and it's nice.) The club racer has much more of a flat blue (less metal flake) and is a bit darker than what I see in PB photos. The club racer blue is much closer to the classic Ford GT Gulf blue. I can't comment on the difference between PB and Liquid Blue.

Besides keeping it clean to look its best, I'd personally opt to put more of a "mean face" on the baby blue with some nice CF pieces like a splitter and Exige scoops. Add a slightly more aggressive diffuser, and I think Polar Blue would kill. This Sector 111 Exige shows what can be done with a similar blue color.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
This is my polar blue Elise R:

She is on sale (Evora S coming...), but most probably no one interested in a German car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts