The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the wiring harness and the throttle body, anything different that would prevent me from swapping a complete take out 05 motor (ie AC pump, alternator etc etc etc.) into an 06? I got the impression some bracket was different for the supercharger between 05 and 06 so now I am concerned.

TYIA,

Ron

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i think you've covered the differences, well that plus ECU updates - i've never heard of anyone swapping motors between model years before, but i don't see why it wouldn't be plug-and-play excepting those changes...i also presume you're referring to aftermarket supercharger brackets, as there were no OEM superchargers before 2007...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, aftermarket brackets I was thinking that might imply there were some other differences between the motors in stock form.

I am doing a motor swap and I found an 05 motor. I lost an oil cooler line and now my motor is ticking :(

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Could get any 2ZZ-GE from what I understand. Doesn't have to be out of a Lotus.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am keeping DBW and the 06 ecu, I am just hoping I can use the 05 alternator, AC pump and everything else without having to pull those off the motor (well, maybe pull off the ac pump so I don't have to recharge it).

Ron

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
What's the reason for not using all of your old ancillary stuff again?

I'm 99% sure you can leave a few components but it's probably less of a headache to use all of your current stuff just in case something isn't compatible. The longblock will be the same.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the reason for not using all of your old ancillary stuff again?

I'm 99% sure you can leave a few components but it's probably less of a headache to use all of your current stuff just in case something isn't compatible. The longblock will be the same.
Saves time by not removing and refitting the parts.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts