• The one from the Red S2

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the red elise has a different top than the grey/silver elise in the picture below? Does anyone know which convertible top the US elise will come with and if we will be able to decide on which one to get when we order? Personally I like the one on the grey\silver elise better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
The one on the Silver S2 is the old top that takes 10 - 15 minutes to remove/install and requires the use of an Alan key .:rolleyes:

The new one takes under 1 min to remove/install. Plus I think the redesign is much less likely to leak. Better still the old roof is no longer available so there really is no choice unless you wanna buy one used:confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I really like the look of the new one better.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The grey car is an earlier S2 and has the original 'long tail' softtop, while the other cars have the later 'short' softtop. (the hardtop on the blue car fits in the same space where the softtop is on the red car)

The Fed Elise will probably get the short top as this is the only construction that the Lotus hardtop will fit onto.

Fitting time for both tops is pretty much the same. The S2 never used the alan-key type construction as the S1, but used concealed levers under the rollbar cover to tighten the softtop rear end.

Bye, Arno.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Derek is correct. I actually like the look of the old one, though the convenience and sealing of the new make it the overall winner/choice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think the top on the Silvr/Blk top makes the car look fast, however I woud prefer the Red if it comes down to choosing. 15 minutes to put on a top is 15 minutes I could be driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts