The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how difficult it will to change the front signal bulbs? eg. i want to replace the yellow bulbs with blue or white ones to get rid of that egg yolk effect. do i have to take off the whole front end to do this? or what would i have to do? thanks

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
dwei42 said:
anyone know how difficult it will to change the front signal bulbs?
Easy. Just pop out the indicator unit, replace bulb, reinstall....

Or if the federal Elise comes with fixed indicator units then you probably pull back the wheel arch liner and stick your hand under the front clam and replace the bulb.

eg. i want to replace the yellow bulbs with blue or white ones to get rid of that egg yolk effect.
Often done in europe using the Philips Silvervision or Osram Diadem bulbs which are silver when 'off', but normal orange when on.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
atyclb said:
make sure and install angel eyes while you're at it :D
And don't forget to add neon underneath the chassis! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
mopalak: about your sig... what's wrong with electronic brake distribution? Doesn't that just optimize braking forces so that locking up a wheel (or engaging ABS) is less likely? The idea of staying out of ABS for as long as possible sounds good to me, especially in this kind of car. Apparently the ABS is tuned to cut in at the last possible moment so that you can believe it's not even there. If EBD would push ABS engagement off even more, I'm for it.

I'm right there with you on the rest of your list though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts