The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sizes are the stock diffuser hardware bolts? I just got a black diffuser and was thinking about trying to find black hardware to go with it.

Thanks!

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
269 Posts
I think 8 MM but sorry, don't know the thread pitch. They go into removable clips so pitch probably not critical.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
What sizes are the stock diffuser hardware bolts? I just got a black diffuser and was thinking about trying to find black hardware to go with it.

Thanks!
They are 5mm, I just paint mine black, works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I think 8 MM but sorry, don't know the thread pitch. They go into removable clips so pitch probably not critical.

8mm is the socket size not thread size, you guys get that mixed up all the time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a stock black diffuser off another LT member. It has about half as many bolt holes as my stock 2007 diffuser does. I have 9 on my diffuser's leading edge. The new black one has 5. Do you think that is going to be an issue?

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
No I don’t think that will be a problem, you can always drill some more holes.
I have the Boe panel, it only has 4 screws.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I found some 5mm x 0.8mm x 14mm screws at BoltDepot that are black oxide finish that I used to hold mine. However, I was unable to find any flat washers in black, other than standard #10, which aren't quite big enough diameter wise.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts