The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW Doesn`t the car look good with that alloy and tyre package.:cool:

Also love the way that they have lowered the car:clap: Looks much better when the tyres are closer to the guards.

:D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Aaaaaaghh.. The horrid 'germanized' Elises..

Wheels which are simply waaaaay too wide (10" and bigger) and big (18" and bigger), huge tires (255 rear, 225 front and such), extreme wheel spacers used, steering limiters to stop the front wheels hitting the chassis, 'lowering' by simply moving the suspension pickup points (no changes to springs)..

"looks only" cars most of the time. Many of these are never driven in anger and only serve as 'pose mobiles'.. "Pimp my ride" anyone?

All the wheels listed on this site are 'off the shelf' wheels, which they fit by simply using spacers. The 4x100 PCD of the Elise is pretty standard.

There are some very good german tuners out there, but a lot of them are more into this 'visual tuning'..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
well, rice is not a term aplicable here. perhaps this phenomenon can be called Brat or Wurst. i like the ring of that. they're all Wursting their elises. we can call the perps wursters or wurstboys or maybe wursterKind to stick with the teutonic tone

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
LotusLust said:
well, rice is not a term aplicable here. perhaps this phenomenon can be called Brat or Wurst. i like the ring of that. they're all Wursting their elises. we can call the perps wursters or wurstboys or maybe wursterKind to stick with the teutonic tone

I believe that Krauting is the proper term;)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I have a feeling Lotus spent more time testing their diffuser in a wind tunnel than that aftermarket company did! No way I'm messing with the basic geometry of that. Different colors, or maybe carbon fiber, sure, but swoop it up as high as that company did and you may loose laminar flow and thus downforce.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
LotusLust said:
LOL !!!rotfl

Very good, LotusLust, I needed that !

Wurstmobiles ?

But is this....

the worst of the wurst ? Hat, coat....

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
isn't that the S2 Elise with an S1 front end? (or maybe an S1 Elise with an S2 rear)

edit: upon further inspection, yes, I believe it is:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
BrianK said:
isn't that the S2 Elise with an S1 front end? (or maybe an S1 Elise with an S2 rear)

edit: upon further inspection, yes, I believe it is:

yeah, I like the look of the splitter, though

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Patricko said:
I believe that Krauting is the proper term;)
Kraut Rice?

·
Registered
528 Posts
LotusLust said:
Unfortunately, that's not going to stick, any more than "potato" for the domestic monstrosities.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The more I drive the Elise, the more I feel that the engineers really hit the nail on the head. I can't really think of any major mods that are worthwhile or would significantly improve the car.

When I see photos like that, I just don't get it.

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Other shots.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Great Options!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hmmm, I hate to open this can of worms, but I think the Mk2 body with a Mk1-style front clip looks great. Better, I think, than either the Mk2 or Mk1. (I can feel the flames starting now.) The only downside is that the fender peak doesn't match front to rear. The diffuser also looks good, but I wonder if it would work as well as the stock piece. I would guess there would be more turblence and less downforce.

What do you think?

John

1 - 20 of 36 Posts