The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
This is not specific to the Exige of course.
Has anyone removed the factory gauge cluster for say track purposes and then swapped the factory cluster back in?
Does anyone know if the mileage is stored in the ECU and when you replace the original factory cluster the updated (higher) mileage will show up?
I really am looking into mods. like i said in my intro post I always wanted a car with a roof scoop/side scoops/mid engine/forced induction/digital gauge cluster/shift lights.
Anyone know how to document this with the California DMV for example?
Hoping to be a first time Lotus owner soon!
fat lou

·
Registered
765 Posts
The mileage is stored in the cluster. As far as I've heard, the only official way of changing the cluster involves a dealer, who then leaves a sticker on the door jamb of the car and has an official maintenance record of the change.

There are a handful of aftermarket gauge clusters available (Garw, AIM, etc.), as well as face plates and LCD color modifications for the OE gauge cluster. Some of the aftermarket clusters allow you to program in the mileage to be displayed on the odometer and they then track when changes are applied.

The OE cluster does not automatically update the odometer reading when re-installed, and as far as I know, there is no official mechanism to do this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts