The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading some threads me and my wife really hated the dim lights inside the Elise so i decided to do some led lighting. I purchased led lights on ebay with remote control. I do not have detailed pictures except the seats. These light are awesome because it's rgb and can be dimmed and has lots of different effects. I did not do any modifications to the body structure and everything is mounted with aftermarket 3m tape since the adhesive on the leds sucked. I peeled off stock adhesive and used 10lbs strength 3m double sided tape. It was tedious but the outcome was well worth it. I'm not fully done with the project but it did require a lot of soldiering and rewiring of the LED kit. Still have a few minor wiring to do to make it 100% clean but it came out way better than i expected. Here's some pics and a video. Pic's only show the seats on how i place the led lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
I fully expected the video would show some super cheesy ricer crap and I was pleasantly surprised that it looked good! Then you started changing the colors, it would be good to change from white to red to make it easier on the eyes... I can dig it.

Then you cycled to the other colors and did the strobe thing. No thanks.

·
Registered
05 Elise BRP sport touring SC
69 Posts
Impressively tasteful! (without the strobe) thanx for sharing. I may need to do this now.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm very particular to not riceing out cars so I did it in a way that you pretty much only see the glow. Took the time and experimented on light placement that didn't hinder operation such as drivers seat movement and seat belts. I'm not a fan at all of changing colors or strobe plus I don't like it being super bright either. It can be dimmed quite softly. Colors I like is white, blue and red. You can see clearly the floor board so if you drop anything even between the seats it's easily found anywhere in the car. I'll do another video tonight to show more inside the car. This setup is also quite easily removed with zero possibility this was ever done so if I ever sell it and buyer doesn't like it. Plus safety was implemented just incase of it getting grounded with separate fuse inline on main wire which just plugs into the power outlet/cig port. It also has a programmable fade feature which you can pick which ever colors you like. I think it does around 10 or so colors. The video doesn't do it justice. It really looks amazing.

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Cig port between the seats. Didn't want to modify the car. I originally was going to tap into the back dome light but decided not to.
Thanks. Did you pull the center cubby and take it from the back? The power outlet has a connector that could you take from pretty easily. That would hide the wiring and keep the outlet available. No permanent changes.

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
What LED light kit uses 12v? Most I've found use +5v ... got a link?
Go to eBay and search for 12V LED kits in the

eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Car & Truck Parts > Lighting & Lamps > Interior Lights

Section

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
very cool.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts