The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the highest number dimmit has had delivered? I am number 15 and was expecting my car sooner than november and havent heard anything recently. My salesman said they were recieving cars out of order but I am out of state and dont know how the numbers are going? I want my ELISE!!! They are supposed to be the third largest dealership.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
jeff8875 said:
Anyone know the highest number dimmit has had delivered? I am number 15 and was expecting my car sooner than november and havent heard anything recently. My salesman said they were recieving cars out of order but I am out of state and dont know how the numbers are going? I want my ELISE!!! They are supposed to be the third largest dealership.
'First Wave'
grouping not completely delivered until
'end October' according to J. English
memo a few months back. 'Second Wave'
should begin with deliveries 'end of Nov'.
You need to know which one you're in.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Hollywood said:
im #13ish and was told 0ct 15Th.
- Not sure about the possible range 'ish' covers. Let's hope
you are 'first wave-ish' which would
'according to Lotus exec' get you behind the wheel by Halloween.

·
Registered
818 Posts
well rep at lotus usa said no later than the 15th. but i dont think its going to happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I am number 9 on the list at Dimmitt and have been waiting almost 2 years. After some detective work and assistance from Randy at Dimmitt, I found that my car would have a build date of October 18th. Add 6 weeks (probably 8) and that puts us around mid December for someone in the top 10. Yes it is upsetting but there is nothing that Dimmitt or I can do. However, I am told that cars in the 20's are being delivered so who knows. Good luck.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think it depends on your color and options. I was in the mid 20's and my car came in already. Wrong color though, so I didn't take it. I'm pretty sure Dimmitt has gotten in over 20 cars already.

·
Registered
282 Posts
They don't return my calls. :eek:

I'll probably end up doing the same as you Dave :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
35173 said:
Well, I am number 9 on the list at Dimmitt and have been waiting almost 2 years.
They have delivered well over 9 cars. What color did you order?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It almost sounds to me like they are playing games with who gets their cars. Delivered out of order? that makes no sense at all. I had someone in the Florida section mention Dimmitt to me and reccomended them but im having second thoughts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dimmitt is a great dealership in my opinion and you couldn't do much better anywhere else. I spoke to the regional manager and don't expect to get the cars in their exact order. In other words, a car at #28 may be delivered before the #10 car. Apparently, there are numerous reasons, including LSS, options, colors, etc. The order is dictated at the factory and no one in the U.S. can control it. My car is magnetic blue and biscuit with LSS and the touring pkg and hard top. (whole works) Don't be afraid to go with Dimmitt, they have always gone beyond normal to help me and this is my 5th car that I have gotten from them.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Any new deliveries? I just got my VIN xxxxxxx624 from Dimmit.

·
Registered
963 Posts
XconZ said:
They don't return my calls. :eek:

I'll probably end up doing the same as you Dave :(
You still have probably 3 or months to think about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts