The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked with Dimmitt today and setup a test ride for tomorrow.

They have 4 cars on their lot. 1 Saffron Demo, 3 customer cars in Magnetic Blue, Nightfall Blue, and BRP.

Nightfall and Magnetic blue next to each other could cure my indecisiveness on color choice.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
bring the digi! 20 minutes driving, 60 shooting pix

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Excellent. Nightfall :drool:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Excellent. Nightfall :drool:
yes! please take lots of pics of nightfall! and next to maganetic comparison! Thanks! :clap:

·
Registered
282 Posts
The cars finally arrive at Dimmitt now that I'm heading out west :mad:

Be sure to take tons of pictures and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Dimmit is a four and a half hour drive for me, I really want to see nightfall blue in person! Argghhh my wife is going to think I'm having an affair if I disappear all day long to see these cars! Than I'll have to fess up that yes i'm having an affair with Elise!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I was planning on going out there on Saturday to see the cars. If I make it, I'll bring my camera. Dimmitt has been really hush hush with me on their cars. :confused: Last I heard, they only had two cars. :confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My loss is your gain! Unfortunately, I have 2 pressing issues at the office that will obliterate my Saturday plans with my mistress Elise.

That means that Dimmitt has a 1:30 test drive slot vacant. Not that its' mine to trade, but I'll facilitate an elisetalk surrogate in my stead: If some determined soul can PLEASE get pictures of Nightfall next to Magnetic Blue

Dimmitt also said the Magnetic car is being delivered this afternoon, so I was planning to arrive around lunch time to make the photo op.

PM me if I can assist.

:(

·
Registered
167 Posts
I took the Elise out yesterday (Friday) for a test drive.
The thing that surprised me the most was the exhaust note - the car sounds GREAT!

Most all of my other impressions have already been posted. The shifter cover was cheap, the car handles wonderfully, etc, etc. The amount of attention the car attracted was unlike anything I've ever been in (a few ferrari's, 911 turbo, modified RX-7 shooting flames).

I'll upload a few pics.
Best,
John
PS Gentlemen - make sure to bring a big stick with you when you drive this car without your significant others.

·
Registered
963 Posts
trifecta99 said:
That means that Dimmitt has a 1:30 test drive slot vacant. Not that its' mine to trade, but I'll facilitate an elisetalk surrogate in my stead: If some determined soul can PLEASE get pictures of Nightfall next to Magnetic Blue

PM me if I can assist.

:(
I was planning on going out there in an hour or so to check out the cars. Is your drive spot still open? I'll take it if so.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
167 Posts
Watch out for this guy. Evidently he is really important since his parents own a jewelry chain in the area.
According to him, the Toyota powerplant is too down-market. He'll only buy the car if he can put a different engine in the car...

Tampa folks, you've been warned :)
Best,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
JBurer said:
Watch out for this guy. Evidently he is really important since his parents own a jewelry chain in the area.
According to him, the Toyota powerplant is too down-market. He'll only buy the car if he can put a different engine in the car...

Tampa folks, you've been warned :)
Best,
John
Is that something in his pocket? ...or is he just happy to see the Elise:D

·
Registered
970 Posts
JBurer said:
PS I have a video or two as well that captured the exhaust note. Would anyone like to host them?

we need pics of nightfall...also, someone please host the soundclips/video..we need to hear that exhaust!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts