The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, looking at my headlights, it seems that the passenger side dipped beam went out.

I pulled the fuses: they're good, put new ones in to test it out and it still didn't work. I tested the terminal on the fuse box and it's putting out 11-12 volts.

But....I noticed that when I pull out the fuse, if I barely touch it to the fuse terminal it'll spark a bit and I hear a "clicking" sound and the beam flickers. What the heck is that all about?

Any guidance is appreciated. I haven't pulled the bulb yet, but I figure if moving around the fuse causes the light to "try" to come on, it must be a connection somewhere.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Just a guess...the click is likely a headlight relay.
I havent looked at the wiring diagram but i suspect the relay is passenger side, up under the wheel liner, or, is it under the removable cover right side, in front of the windshield.
The relay may be tired.
Contacts ....
Good luck..sam

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'M FRUSTRATED. I cannot figure this out. I'm getting voltage at the fuse terminal. The problem isn't in the bulb, I switched the bulbs and same thing. No light!

The fuse is good too. The connections at the fuse box are also good. Like I said, if I pull the fuse and just wiggle it on top of the terminal without putting it in, the bulb will flicker.

I haven't checked relays, since they're under the dash.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, I forgot to mention I have HID headlights.

·
Registered
765 Posts

This is exactly what mine is doing. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
12,053 Posts
I think you may have a bad ballast. You can swap the ballast from one side to other and see if the problem follows that ballast.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do, thanks for the response. I thought I was alone lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts