The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my exige s, and try to check oil level. Boy, the dipstick is so hard to push back. i feel like there is a obstruction.... i keep trying for 10 mins, finally get back into it. What did i do wrong? just a dipstick :(

mike

·
Less is Better
2,635 Posts
The dipstick tends to scrape against the tube. You have to gently bend it so the dipstick goes in straight. Then it will want to twist a bit at the end of travel.

·
Registered
2007 Exige S
34 Posts
Running the baffled moroso pan and it certainly gets hung up at the bottom. Takes a couple pokes to get er back seated. Should take a peek underneath to see if it has an updated pan.

·
$3(uR3 u$3r
432 Posts
Hi.

Where does it bind? Mine gave me trouble at the very point where the dipstick o-ring goes into the tube. It was a bad o-ring and I replaced it and no more trouble. Something to look at.

- Alex

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi.

Where does it bind? Mine gave me trouble at the very point where the dipstick o-ring goes into the tube. It was a bad o-ring and I replaced it and no more trouble. Something to look at.

- Alex
mine stuck about 3/4 down. not close to the o ring. i keep wiggling the stick for 10 mins then it drops into the place.

·
Administrator
1,560 Posts
You may want to also check the dipstick tube to block joint. When I bought mine it had oversize o ring to seal the tube without going down into the block. I assume because this was an early REV300 that was cause of having to jury rig. I put stock size o ring on seated the tube and then made a short bracket to allow it to bolt up properly. I still have to use it like a snake sometime to get it all the way down. Having the tube seated in the block stopped the signs of oil seepage and weeping in that area.

·
Less is Better
2,635 Posts
It would be interesting to see if the dipstick is damaged or something. Take some pictures of the end of the dipstick.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts