1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
526 Posts
I put JL Audio 6" components in the rears. The tweeters are mounted up high right next to the glass. I just built a small ring that pushes the speaker out farther. Kind of the same principal that was used to put the 5 1/4 in the dash that Jim Clayton suggested. My problem wasn't the depth, it was the diameter of the speaker grill for the speakers that I was looking at, they were too big for the recessed area where the speaker goes.
Everything is kind of dusty I was out for a long drive the past few days and I was going through an area with a ton of construction

I left the pic big for detail

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I used some Infinity's in the rear, they weren't the high end components just 3 way co-ax's. They weren't a perfect fit as I had to compress the foam in the back of the speaker cavity a bit but I got them screwed in and the rear covers on after a bit.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Looking to replace my rear speakers with 6 1/2" , preferably drop-in....After searching, I have come across the Polk DB651S shallow mounts as fitting......

Has anyone tried these shallow-mount infinitys?

Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" shallow 2-way car speakers For 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com

or these JBL?

JBL Power Series P652S 2-way shallow-mount car speakers For 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com
any other 6 1/2 that fit easily?
I have Infinity's front and rear...check out my posts here... http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/295188-post8.html

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Has anyone tried these shallow-mount infinitys?
I installed the 6022si speakers in my Elise.

I only had to cut some of the foam out of the cavity, so they would sit flush with the rear panel. Took about an extra 5 minutes per side.

Great sounding speaker. :up:

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts