The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fellow writes for EVO and is a serious driver in many of Britain's racing series. Here are the main points he makes in describing the Evora in an email sent to me.

I'm paraphrasing.

Lotus has pulled it off with the Evora. It's good, very good.

Ride is superb.

The ingress and egress is easier than that of a Porsche Cayman. Cabin noise is civilised with very few sqeaks and rattles and low tire noise.

Steering feel is light and responsive yet still has good communication with the suspension and road.

Toyota V6 is strong and linear with a nice boost up near the top end.

Gearshiftis a little long in its throw A tad reluctant too boot be this should improve once some miles are added. Additionally this is not the sport gearbox coming soon.

A couple not so good items involve it's quirks and price point specifically when compared to it's competitors.

Absolutely nowhere to put anything. Zero pockets, cubby holes or drink holders. The rear seats are laughable pretty much like the Porsche 911 however unlike the 911 the Evora has very limited trunk space.

The interior looks and feels like quality design and construction but reading the dashboard lights and buttons is very difficult. Only a faint glow which you can only see when its dark.

An automatic transmission version is due out in 2011 along with a convertable model a few years later. No commitment on the year fom Lotus naturally.

Shared parts from the Elise/Exige is only around 3%. The hood badge being one of these. It truly is a completely new car.

Bottomline is that it's a much better drivers car than I ever expected it to be.

This is very, very good news for Lotus and those that love 'em muchachos. These boys should really be able to test track the vehicle within the next month or so.

Curious to see what they do with that price.

:D

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is rather heart-warming that the Evora clicks!

Thanks for sharing! No place to put stuff? I think that's what those "back seats" are really for. ;)

Tom
Warms my heart. Now all she needs is a.... nickname! :p

:shift:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...will the package shelf option be available initially?..

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not quite sure about that amigo!

...will the package shelf option be available initially?..
You can add this for an additional $427 or so.

It's metal. ;)

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello!!!

Queen Eva Buzzbomb the Second.
Careful now amigo. That may jsut send the EL Sensitivos and Crazy Rabid into a tailspin. :eek:

You better have a payin’ dwarf underneath you.

:up:

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that gearbox even around yet?

Wow, not much difference in rpm on gearchange. Is that the close ratio box?
This Hoople is just one mad rev-matching bastard.

:shift:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts