The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a copy they could share with me and any tips for removing the OEM oil lines?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Talk to KMT63 (Kevin), he makes the NCI / RLS replacement oil line kit and he can give you some tips.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just removing or actually replacing?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
If you are just trying to get a feel for what is involved, send me a message (my e-mail address is in my signature) and I can send you our installation instructions.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
191 Posts
If only removing the one point off the top of my head is be aware of the foam blocks in the sills. Mine came out during removal and now believe that it is the cause of loud vibration caused by my AC lines. Haven't sorted out a fix but it is quite annoying. You may not have this issue if you are just pulling through houses without the fittings. Also if you are no longer going to have hoses I would search for grommets to plug the holes left in the fwd firewall. So guess that was a couple of things.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I did the RLS replacement (hoses with fittings attached). I took my time, followed the Sands Museum instructions for clam removal and followed the RLS instructions for hose replacement. It took two weekends because I took my time, detailed the car, bled the brakes, installed an air-horn, and did a few other modification since it was wheels of, on stands, with the clam off. It was a great experience. Pulling the old hoses out took an hour with some help as I was deliberately going slow. Pulling the new one in took 20 minutes. I replaced the foam blocks in the sills. No problems at all. The peace of mind was well worth the $$s. The time was worth the challenge and success. I'd be happy to give you specific tips if you go with it. While I'm not happy paying for the fix, not having to worry about blowing oil on my tire or seizing the engine and waiting months for getting the car back made it worth while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts