The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I agree with the policy of "no discussion" in PRIVATE PARTY "for sale" threads, as negative comments about the price, car etc could affect the seller getting a fair price.

But should the same policy apply to dealers listing cars for sale?

There are a few differences to consider that make it less likely that posted comments will affect their sale/price:

They are usually listing new cars for sale, so there is a more established market price than used cars with varying mileage, mods, condition (and the dealers have more knowledge about the market value than a private seller).

They generally have more resources available to advertise outside of the forum and have a larger base of potential customers. If they don't like the lowball offers, they can more easily sell the car via other means.

There are lots of threads on LT trashing specific dealers and everyone is cool with that. There is no shortage of discussion rotfl in aftermarket vendor threads about the price/quality of items they have for sale...

It seems a little inconsistent to me...Just throwing this out there for DISCUSSION, as I realize this is not a democracy, and will abide by the rules:evil:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry...at least it isnt a repostrotfl

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ORLY....-poke-

This thread was to discuss specifically "for sale" threads started by dealers, and whether the same policy should apply....

·
Registered
192 Posts
nobody bought my lotus for $26,500 in my for-sale thread probably for that reason. Still for sale by the way ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts