The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
At the front, fair in the splitter to body area and you can create a small diffuser effect if you have a deflection point where this fairing meets the flat underbody.
I am not grasping your idea here... do you have a picture of similar to illustrate?

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Very nice work! Very impressed!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am not grasping your idea here... do you have a picture of similar to illustrate?
Will be a couple of days before I can answer intelligently. Was in the hospital yesterday and am pretty heavily sedated/drugged. Perhaps someone can post a photo of the front underbody/splitter area and what I didn't say very well will become clearer.

Bob

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Beautiful design and fabrication, almost, no, it is a work of art. I like the exhaust tip treatment. From. My past aero / hydro work I question the steep gradient on the outer channels. Did your CFD model inflow interference around tires and what turbulence model did you use, this is the current failure of CFD programs, prediction of separation point over a curved surface. You may want to use flow dye or yarns to determine real world flow separation.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Beautiful design and fabrication, almost, no, it is a work of art. I like the exhaust tip treatment. From. My past aero / hydro work I question the steep gradient on the outer channels. Did your CFD model inflow interference around tires and what turbulence model did you use, this is the current failure of CFD programs, prediction of separation point over a curved surface. You may want to use flow dye or yarns to determine real world flow separation.
I first just modeled a few diffuser shapes alone to study separation... and then built a full body-in-white (generic shape with correct wheelbase and under carriage design, as I could not find a nurbs surface model of an exige). I did include the wheels (non rotating) with a moving road and used K epsilon for turbulance . A crude model, but good enough for basic comparative studies.

·
Registered
36 Posts
looks really fabulous! Exactly like what i will imagine myself doing if i have the equipments and guts like you

Have you consider a version 2 of your diffuser? You have covered the holes at the rear wheel and raised the spread of the flow in the Z axis, any plans to use curved strakes to further spread the incoming flow from the center of the car sideways in the Y-axis to obtain even more expansion volume?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts