The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
So after you do the silicone / seal delete part does that mean its gonna be a total nightmare next time you go to remove the headlight ? I know how my luck goes and for some reason I would be needing to pull a headlight occasionally .

On a side note , I have been trying to find a thread about upgrading from the 05-06 headlights to the 07 and up sealed units but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know of any info on doing this please ?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Did you spray UV protectant after you were done?
nope, & in hindsight I should have... the lenses have fogged over a bit over the years

ill have to do this process over again & the next time I will coat them with some sort of UV protectant

lesson learned :facepalm

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Also are there any “low profile” side reflectors (front and rear) and maybe a slimmer turn signal??
I am shopping for these now. I have found flush mount led turn signals for street bikes have some ok options but still looking. Ebay is a start'

·
Registered
437 Posts
Also are there any “low profile” side reflectors (front and rear) and maybe a slimmer turn signal??
I am shopping for these now. I have found flush mount led turn signals for street bikes have some ok options but still looking. Ebay is a start'
I did search ebay and other places. Problem is that the curvature or mounting style may not match if it wasnt specifically made for the Elise. Maybe cut a stencil and make them out of tinted pexiglass...

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,111 Posts
Since the 2007+ headlights are "sealed" does this mean the rubber gasket surround
is unnecessary? Has anyone simply peeled the rubber surround off with the headlight in-situ?

Also, does anyone know the best method to remove old/UV degraded X-pel headlight film?
The headlight film looks horrible.

-Robert

·
Registered
100 Posts
So id love to do this...my trouble is that a previous owner has separated the lens and bezel...and the resealing they did looks awful. So the original rubber gasket actually helps to hide the ugly stuff that was used (hopefully silicone and not glue). Now...id like to try and separate the lens and bezel to clean it up but I am really not knowledgeable on the silicone adhesive that is mentioned in post #11. Do any of you have any tips on rejoining the two pieces ...or can ant if you share exactly what adhesive (including brand) you'd recommend?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts