The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently tinted my windows and to do a good tint, I need to remove the panel off. I search this forum but didn’t find any DIY panel removal so here it is.

Update: I add some more instruction and pictures on how to remove the external door handle on the second page of this thread

Attachments

Reactions: cfg_77 and mrkit74

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Continue

Attachments

Reactions: mrkit74

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roll down your window completely. Hold the panel at the bottom with both hands and carefully pull it out about 1-2 inches from the bottom. Then carefully push the panel up slowly. You might need to wiggle the panel a little (up and down - alternate between your left and right hand).

Attachments

Reactions: mrkit74

·
Registered
256 Posts
Great write up. Thank you! Time to replace my speakers.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well done with excellent photos.
Of note this procedure is presented in the Evora Service Manual section VE.2, and confirms the technique and sequence perfectly.........

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
Bravo..... :bow: Thanks for helping me in my door adventures (whatever they may be)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Everyone should know, those 5 bottom thumb tabs that are shown, are actually screws on pre-12 cars. Other than that, identical.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great write-up! Let's keep up the DIY articles - they are a great addition to the service manual which lacks detail and adequate diagrams!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
And make them all Sticky's so people can find them easily!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Thanks to this write up, took my door apart and fixed it. Thanks you as I found out the dealership worked on it last and really screwed something's up. I was able to fix them though due to this thread. I vote sticky!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You’re welcome. This forum had helped me a lot in my Evora purchase so I’m glad I can give back. Btw, I don't know what "sticky" means here. How do I make this thread sticky?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Everybody might want to order the LED lights and install them in the door panels while you have them off. The LED's draw far less power and don't get hot like the factory bulbs. I bought the blue hue bulbs and at night they look cool, there are various colors! Here is a link to the bulbs, the bulb to fit the Evora is 4211, 6th one down the page. I paid $3.70 each in quantity of 8, changed all bulbs throughout the car. ;)

Festoon Base LED Bulbs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs | Super Bright LEDs

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks to this write up, took my door apart and fixed it. Thanks you as I found out the dealership worked on it last and really screwed something's up. I was able to fix them though due to this thread. I vote sticky!
Would be great to know what was wrong with the door and how you fixed it. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome guide.
Where can I get this service manual people speak of?

Cheers
Dale

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hey, you forgot to tell us how to separate the door handle pull mechanism.
I have had my door apart for soundproofing, but never could separate it completely from the car.

I need to fix my drivers side door that does not unlock from the inside, and my passenger side door handle feels "junky" from the outside.

Would love a door mechanism rebuild thread to go with this.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey, you forgot to tell us how to separate the door handle pull mechanism.
I have had my door apart for soundproofing, but never could separate it completely from the car.

I need to fix my drivers side door that does not unlock from the inside, and my passenger side door handle feels "junky" from the outside.

Would love a door mechanism rebuild thread to go with this.

Me too - my passenger door feels the same.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Would be great to know what was wrong with the door and how you fixed it. :)

My drivers door handle on the inside stopped working. I kept having to roll the window down to open the door from the outside. Once I took the door apart I found that the nuts that hold the release wire sleeve (for lack of a better term) had come loose. I adjusted it, tightened the nuts and all is well. Mine came all the way off to where I had to put a bucket under it to prop it up so it wouldn't damage the wiring to the window switches. Note it comes off much easier if you take the manual door lock button off as well.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts