The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently tinted my windows and to do a good tint, I need to remove the panel off. I search this forum but didn’t find any DIY panel removal so here it is.

Update: I add some more instruction and pictures on how to remove the external door handle on the second page of this thread

Attachments

Reactions: cfg_77 and mrkit74

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Continue

Attachments

Reactions: mrkit74

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roll down your window completely. Hold the panel at the bottom with both hands and carefully pull it out about 1-2 inches from the bottom. Then carefully push the panel up slowly. You might need to wiggle the panel a little (up and down - alternate between your left and right hand).

Attachments

Reactions: mrkit74

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You’re welcome. This forum had helped me a lot in my Evora purchase so I’m glad I can give back. Btw, I don't know what "sticky" means here. How do I make this thread sticky?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here is how to remove the outside door handle from the door. This exercise should show you how the door handle works so you could adjust or tighten your loose door handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Derek, your LED looks beautiful. I will put this upgrade in my future plan.

Be sure and catch the two phillips heads hiding under the rubber skirt here before pulling the vent plate off:
I also have these 2 phillips srews on my 13; however, I found that I don't need to take them out since the screws are short and only hold the rubber to the plate.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My interior door handle pull has become loose and I think I just need to do the first step in the instructions and tighten the screws but before I try it - is there any trick to getting off the interior door pull?
You would need to remove the panel; I don't think there is any quick/easy trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts