The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Can anyone find a DIY for taking the newer headlights apart? The 05-06 can be taken apart in to 3 piece (cover, inner shroud cover, lights). I know newer ones need to be baked in order to be taken apart. Does anyone have a DIY for that?
That sounds horrible! My headlights would smell like my fiancé's pepperoni pizzas! :D

So you can't just cut the two pieces apart for '07+? I don't think I would even want to venture into that.

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds horrible! My headlights would smell like my fiancé's pepperoni pizzas! :D

So you can't just cut the two pieces apart for '07+? I don't think I would even want to venture into that.
now sure how you would go about cutting it. Its sealed by a glue which needs to be heated in order to loosen up. I have done this method with other makes and its pretty easy to do. stays in the oven for about 5 mins and you pry it open.

I dont have a set of 07+ lights to see how they come apart so thats why i need to speak with someone that has taken these apart

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
now sure how you would go about cutting it. Its sealed by a glue which needs to be heated in order to loosen up. I have done this method with other makes and its pretty easy to do. stays in the oven for about 5 mins and you pry it open.

I dont have a set of 07+ lights to see how they come apart so thats why i need to speak with someone that has taken these apart
Interesting. Are you doing angel eye mods or something else? I'd message Trevor Geiger (sp?) about it. He might know someone that has done it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts