The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aftermarket aluminum radiator from a previous owner on my Elise, I'm almost certain it is from wizard cooling based off measurements. Im still trying to figure out exactly where. but it has a small pin hole either on one of the cross pieces of the core, or where the cross section mounts up to the end caps. I'm wondering if I were to find it is there a decent DIY I could do, or if it has to be welded. Also if it has to be taken to a proffesional does the cost of the repair usually come out to about the same as just buying a new one?

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can epoxy it. Many radiator shops just use epoxy nowadays as well.

I have several thousand miles on an epoxied one in one of my cars with no issues.

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
What kind of epoxy do you use?

Someguy, one trick to test (find leak in) radiator is to cut bicycle inner tube; clamp each end to radiator and fill with air.

Uh, don't forget the cap.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think there is a special epoxy for just that purpose, but I have used regular 5 minute epoxy twice with no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.