The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing the MP62 supercharger from the 211/Cup/S onto my 2006 Exige. I'll be using the Fastworks 300 tune from BOE with a 3.0" pulley, Cup intercooler, and ported MP62. Big thanks to Chris Carter (Exiged) from Onetonracing for helping me gather all the parts, answering all my questions and help guide me through this DIY.

Below is a little write up to help those wanting to do the conversion. First part is to obtain all the required parts, here is list of the things you'll need:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xhaydvgedxq7zo/ExigeSConversionParts.xlsx

This list does not include the intercooler and piping, along with the ducts required, but you can get the part numbers here

DeRoure Ltd - The most comprehensive Lotus parts site on the web. - Part Diagrams.

The basic instructions from Lotus can be found here: http://www.lotusforum.be/TO-DOWNLOAD/Exige%20MKII/SuperCharger.pdf

Supercharger with swan neck and intake manifold:

Cup intercooler

Intercooler duct and bellows, clamps, belt, 3.0" pulley

Supercharged versions of the Crank breather, oil dip tube, IAT for intercooler, passenger side mount

So far, I've removed the rear clam, which took me about 3 hours following the instructions available on the site. It was my first time but it was pretty straight forward. It makes the work much easier and I don't know how you would do it with the clam on. While at it, I removed the taped rear clam shims and installed these aluminum ones I made

I'll update more tonight...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Removed fuel rail, stock injectors, stock manifold, and N/A crank breather line

With the intake manifold out, I decided to remove the charcoal canister, bypass the coolant lines to the throttle body and remove the useless coolant "U" bend that's known for leaks. Just cut the old one and plumb as shown

Next, installed the new intake manifold and supercharger. Here, you can see the ported supercharger inlet

Rotated alternator to the front, installed S/C version of the passenger side mount, Nose cone bracket, and new crank breather line

Then came the intercooler pipes and cup intercooler.

Finally, I had to fettle and dremel the rear clam to mount the intercooler ducts and bellows. It took a few tries with the clam on and off but it lined up perfectly in the end.

With the rear clam back together, I flashed it with BOE's Torque 300 base map, let it idle for 15 mins and took her out for a quick test drive. :drool:WoW! Like everyone who's done the swap has said, it is a whole new beast. Even with the base map, it feels silky smooth and pulls much much harder. And the new supercharger whine with the 3.0":evil:

I can't wait to finish my aero mods, data log and finish the tune.

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Nice, but lose the hurricane intake. They are a metering problem for the MAF.

Stock/Cup/TRD/BOE intake only please.

-Phil

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
With the intake manifold out, I decided to remove the charcoal canister,
Since you have the Fastworks tune already, if the removal of the charcoal canister gives you problems Phil can give you a "solution" that is guaranteed to work...if he didn't already. Got my car back on the road :clap:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, but lose the hurricane intake. They are a metering problem for the MAF.

Stock/Cup/TRD/BOE intake only please.

-Phil
I still have both the stock and Cup/TRD intakes so I'll probably put the Cup one back on, but can you please explain why or how the Hurricane intake poses a metering problem for the MAF? Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since you have the Fastworks tune already, if the removal of the charcoal canister gives you problems Phil can give you a "solution" that is guaranteed to work...if he didn't already. Got my car back on the road :clap:
No problems or codes since I left the 2 sensors connected to the charcoal cannister intact. Once I get the Level 1 though, I'll clean it up and remove those as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.