The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Roberto Giannini
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me make it clear that I say 2000+ but I'm sure most of these can be done to most Esprits.

Not sure about most of you but certain elements of my 2000 TT Esprit left feeling like I was stuck in the 80's
i.e Interior lighting
Exterior lighting
Dreadful Headlights
Stereo and sound
Green illuminated dash cluster

I already addressed the interior lighting and exterior with upgraded LED lights. Not only does it update the overall appearance of the car but they run more efficient and much brighter. I have done LED upgrades on my Audi, Porsche and even my Lambo, they update the car tremendously.

Before I go any further I buy all my bulbs from Superbrightleds
LED Replacement Bulbs for Cars | 12v | Super Bright LEDs
What you should do is look at the bulbs you need then order many different shapes and sizes, they are very inexpensive so having different types will help you choose whats best for you.

For the interior lighting and bonnet I upgraded main light with LED Festoon Festoon Base Bulbs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs
The difference is 1000% better, you can actually see when you get in the car or use the bonnet space, not like before with those 1W candle power incandescent bulbs :shrug:

The exterior, side marker lamps, front day time lights, and license plate was all changed over to LED as well. These required wedge shaped LED Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs
Again you can actually see the car in daytime with markers on, I don;t have to tell you how important that is with all the bad drivers out there.

Sorry for the bad pics, I was rushed for time, forgot to take pic of license plate but they look fantastic :D

Next on the list was the stereo and of course those God awful green illuminated gauge cluster :facepalm For the life of me why in the world would they use that awful awful green that reminds me of my Dads old K car:crazyeyes

Attachments

·
Roberto Giannini
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I see that, I read your earlier post, can you send me a PM with specifics on procedure. I look at the fog lights but there was no way that the assembly would fit Xenon bulb ?

·
2000 Esprit TT
42 Posts
Night life, That looks really good. Can you post which Festoon bulbs you bought as replacements also the wedge LED? Also which color did you go for?

It might just be easier if you send me your invoice and I will just order the same bulbs!
I'm picking up my Esprit on Monday!!!!!!

·
Roberto Giannini
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Night life, That looks really good. Can you post which Festoon bulbs you bought as replacements also the wedge LED? Also which color did you go for?

It might just be easier if you send me your invoice and I will just order the same bulbs!
I'm picking up my Esprit on Monday!!!!!!
Ryan if I were you I would order many different kinds always 2 of each, believe me once you use them you will use most of them up in all your cars, like I said I did the lambo last year and what a difference.

Shoot me an email and I can make up a list for you for both cars.

But with your collection you should buy more LED's :D:D:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Night Life,
Since your from Regina and I'm in Edmonton. what do you do to afford a Lambo, a Lotus, an Audi, etc.? lol
I have the same line up of cars just an Acura TL instead of an Audi.
You find these lights bright enough? I tried in the past and they were terrible. Would like to get updated look, but don't want to waste the money if not getting the look I'd like.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Looks nice!

Would you mind testing to see if you can smoothly dim the LEDs to almost nothing? I'd like the look of them, but I like my dash lights to be very dim at night.

With some lights I've found that once you get close to them being off (I,e. Very dim) there is a very sharp falloff from "medium-bright" to off.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts