The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Hmm, didn't work on my Mac...if other Mac users have similar problems, follow this link instead! ;)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speaking of Mac...Are you going to get the next OS upgrade? I'm happy with the current one and not sure if the upgrade is going to do much.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
babak said:
Speaking of Mac...Are you going to get the next OS upgrade? I'm happy with the current one and not sure if the upgrade is going to do much.
Hey babak
Which Mac do you work/play on? Have you seen the new apple displays?! :eek:

Neil

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twin G4 867's powermac, 12 inch Powerbook, Airport extreme. Still have my old displays, keep talking myself out of the newer ones as I end up spending the money on peripheral stuff, i.e. Airport Express when it starts shipping to rig the house for wireless music. I'm going to relegate the powermac to run the home entertainment stuff. Split between a set of Definitive tech Mythos Four speakers or a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 603's.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
babak said:
You mean Tiger? I probably will, as they always introduce just enough features to whet my apetite. I use iChat/iSight a fair amount, and see the multi-user video conf. being a fun feature. Also, file sharing with Windows is still quirky, even in Panther, so any improvements they make there would come in handy. The dashboard is great, though Konfabulator offers similar functionality currently. Lastly, I occaisionally see software that will not run in previous versions of OS X, so I'd like to stay current. We're still a long ways away from Tiger though, so we'll see what else they come up with.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
babak said:
Twin G4 867's powermac, 12 inch Powerbook, Airport extreme. Still have my old displays, keep talking myself out of the newer ones as I end up spending the money on peripheral stuff, i.e. Airport Express when it starts shipping to rig the house for wireless music. I'm going to relegate the powermac to run the home entertainment stuff. Split between a set of Definitive tech Mythos Four speakers or a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 603's.
Sweet... what do you do for a living?

Here's my baby.... the screen is a Philips 200p3 21".

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Little Bastard said:
Sweet... what do you do for a living?

Here's my baby.... the screen is a Philips 200p3 21".

I bought the twin 867 right before it was discontinued. Had some serious misgivings about it, but I think I did the right thing instead of going for higher clocked G4's, early G5's. I think it'll comfortably serve me well for several years. The Powerbook is my primary machine. I'm an eyeball mechanic, mostly anterior segment, cornea and cataract stuff.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
hey Neil

how do you post multiple pics on one post?

Ara

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I've got a dual 1GHz G4 at home with a 17" Formac LCD and a 19" CRT (dual displays).

Probably going to upgrade to a dual 2.5GHz G5 some time in the next few months :)

I wish I could justify spending >$4k for the new 30" cinema display and the video card to go with it... that would be large enough to where I wouldn't need a second display.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahh, the addiction of Macintosh...it's such a pleasant pathology.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts