The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
According to Boe's website, the DMC header work with Oem and after market mufflers. I just bought the header and d-cat pipe, and will run that with my 2Bular N/A muffler. I just send the header and pipe out to get ceramic coated, and will install it sometime in December together with Boe torque 200 tune.

You will need a tune to go with the headers, so when you order it, you have to fill out the "tune form", and it will ask all the questions with regards to intake, injectors and exhaust, so just tell Phil what you have, and he will make it all work.

:smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I have a question with regards to the U-pipe. There are 3 bungs welded to the pipe, 2 are for the O2 sensors, and the 3rd, I am guessing, is for a wide band O2 sensor. Which bung is meant for the wide band sensor.??

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,205 Posts
shouldn't really matter, my guess is the first. The O2 leads are short, so you'll know when you screw them in.

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
you want the primary 02 closest to the motor... the other two don't really matter....

-Phil

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don’t run any heat shielding besides the piece for the motor mount. No coating either, no problems

I have the DMC catless

Bought and used the Big Daddies Garage 90* oxygen sensor extender (to eliminate the MIL), worked perfectly for the secondary o2 wire leads ?? (Used on the 3rd bung)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my lotus stage 2 exhaust won?t clear the dmc header currently sold by BOE. It will clear if it was converted to a high exit single tip. I saw a stage 2 exhaust clear a forcefed version of the header.

Anyways rather then spend money hacking into my stage 2 exhaust, I went and bought a larini gt2. Another issue is that the dmc headers have 2.5? tubing whereas the stage 2 is 2.25?. Anyone in the Maryland area interested in a stage 2 exhaust?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
m
Another issue is that the dmc headers have 2.5? tubing whereas the stage 2 is 2.25?. Anyone in the Maryland area interested in a stage 2 exhaust?
The stage 2 must be 2.5" where it clamps onto the U-pipe. My 2Bular muffler is 2.5" from U-pipe to the muffler, then necks down to 2.25" straight through, and then exits back up to 2.5". I sure hope that will work with the DMC header I just bought. Maybe Phil can chime in and let us know.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hi Jay, have you had a chance to run your new setup, I would be very interested in hearing what your impressions are. Did you also get the "Torque 200 tune" from BOE????

I included a picture of my header after Kool Coat ceramic coating, should help a bit with lower underhood temps. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Jay, have you had a chance to run your new setup, I would be very interested in hearing what your impressions are. Did you also get the "Torque 200 tune" from BOE????

I included a picture of my header after Kool Coat ceramic coating, should help a bit with lower underhood temps. :wink2:
very nice :up: i ordered a larini gt2 side exit exhaust to work with those dmc headers. i think any muffler with tips running posteriorly will hit the headers and will not fit. there's just no space.

i don't have a BOE tune. From what i've read, the BOE tunes that come with their kits are pretty good. Once you start adding stuff, you're at the mercy of two guys in Kansas and Ottawa, Canada for a dyno tune. Mail tunes are just not as precise as dyno tunes. So I'm running the radium aem ems-4 standalone. A lot of tuning shops are well versed in AEM. My car will be dyno tuned some time this week.

I have an mp62 supercharger with 3.0" pulley, manifold pressure and temperature sensors, wideband afr, side mounted air-to-air intercooler, stock block and head. the supercharger kit on a stock car was advertised at 280whp. I'm hoping with the headers, muffler, decat, and tune, i can break 300whp on 93 octane. BOE saw an 18hwhp increase from stock headers on a tvs1320 supercharged car with no tuning.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Thanks for the update, I didn't realize you were SC, mine is N/A, and I went with the DMC header instead of 2Bular to match my muffler, because Phil stated it makes more torque than any other header and fits with stock and aftermarket mufflers. Now you have got me worried, and I will not be able to install mine until December as I will be away on holidays.
It would be great if Phil would chime in and let us know which size mufflers will fit, or if it is just the stage 2 that interferes with the header. Mine is a 7" 2Bular with through diffuser exit.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the update, I didn't realize you were SC, mine is N/A, and I went with the DMC header instead of 2Bular to match my muffler, because Phil stated it makes more torque than any other header and fits with stock and aftermarket mufflers. Now you have got me worried, and I will not be able to install mine until December as I will be away on holidays.
It would be great if Phil would chime in and let us know which size mufflers will fit, or if it is just the stage 2 that interferes with the header. Mine is a 7" 2Bular with through diffuser exit.

your 2bular exhaust looks a lot like the stage 2 muffler. the tube runs behind the muffler. that dmc header is a long tube header. check out the picture of the stage 2 muffler next to a stock manifold :surprise: i was quoted $250 to fabricate my stage 2 muffler where the tips exit to the right. i guess any muffler will fit as long as the tips exit to the right.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Thanks, thats a great picture for showing the clearance. I had to go out to the shop and remove the diffuser to see what kind of clearance the 2Bular muffler has, and it is a lot more than the Stage 2. The tube exiting the muffler has a lot tighter 180 degree turn and it also turns downwards pretty much level with the bottom of the muffler, so I am hoping it will clear the collector on the DMC header.
Well time will tell.

:grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, thats a great picture for showing the clearance. I had to go out to the shop and remove the diffuser to see what kind of clearance the 2Bular muffler has, and it is a lot more than the Stage 2. The tube exiting the muffler has a lot tighter 180 degree turn and it also turns downwards pretty much level with the bottom of the muffler, so I am hoping it will clear the collector on the DMC header.
Well time will tell.

:grin2:
How'd it work out, noticeable power increase? I have NA and am thinking of similar setup of DMC header and NA200 tune.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts