The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a handful of members post that their dealership has new details from Lotus including estimated production dates, serial numbers (!), and allocations for the next few months.

Does anyone know if this is special privilaged information for only a few dealerships, or should all of our dealers be able to provide this? Was there a fax or something sent to each dealership, or do they have to call and squeeze it out of Lotus?

It's clear that only a handful of dealers are providing these details to their customers, so either some dealerships are getting more information than others, or some dealerships are withholding interesting details from the customers. Which is it? :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I haven't called my dealer, but I know him well enough to know that if he had concrete info for me, he'd tell me.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I think the info is made it to the dealerships where possible. However, whether or not the info has made it down from LCU's point of contact to the salesman is a big question.
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
My information is that almost all dealers have very good information. There may be a few cases where Lotus USA has not been able to contact the main person at a dealer.

In some cases, it is possible that the main contact has not told all the sales personnel.

The plan was for all dealers to have all allocation and build dates for all cars that are planned through the summer.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I believe the information is available on at least the first batch of cars. I am number three at my dealership and I now have a "order" number and reference number and approximate production date. It also happens that I will be in the UK on the approximate production date so I am working a tour of the factory.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Lotus should be able to tell us that 'approximately' X amount of cars should be at small, medium, large dealers by July,- Aug.-Sept.-Oct.-Nov. Dec. (6 months). Then customers could find out from their dealer if they are rated small, medium, or large. No one is demanding precise info but it makes no sense for Lotus not to be able to approximate when they know full well what the production is expected for the next 1/2 a year. I'm sure the money people behind the company are given expected projections.....why not the customer?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
No dealer wants to come out and say they are getting a small allocation...It seems to me that the dealers providing the most info are the ones who are expecting a large allocation...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
ivan1 said:
No dealer wants to come out and say they are getting a small allocation...It seems to me that the dealers providing the most info are the ones who are expecting a large allocation...
Customers will soon find out when they see reservation numbers
being reported as 'arrived' at certain dealers....and not theirs. Small, medium dealers should come clean now. They will only delay the knowledge which customers are going to find out anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts