The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
They (US spec) all came with stickers. I believe later models came with the metallic coated letters. I changed my 05 to the metallic letters.

Some delete all of it, some changed to an emblem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They (US spec) all came with stickers. I believe later models came with the metallic coated letters. I changed my 05 to the metallic letters.

Some delete all of it, some changed to an emblem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see, so the previous owner(s) of my car removed the letters. My car now just has the emblem.
Thanks,

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
My Exige was missing the letter, so was not a big surprise when body guy found old repair work on the rear clam

·
Registered
305 Posts
I see, so the previous owner(s) of my car removed the letters. My car now just has the emblem.
Thanks,

I ordered my car new. I had already planned to remove the lettering as soon as I had it in my possession! I preordered the badge prior to even receiving my VIN!

Reason being the lettering IMHO was very cheap looking as they were just 1- 1.2 mil foil lettering that appeared no better than a local graphics shop would produce. I felt it let the rest of the car down.

The '06 model year the raised "chrome" lettering was offered and is MUCH improved and indeed if available on the '05 model year MAYBE I would have left well enough alone. That said, the raised lettering has a drawback as well as they are a pain to clean around and in the nooks and crannies of the lettering. I have similar lettering on MINI Paceman and if one is in a hurry....it's annoying. More so with a dark car.

With the emblem cleaner in appearance and faster clean with no finger stubbing or cloth snagging... lol

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts