The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I have a new to me 2017 Evora 400. Is there a way to see if the car has a tune or not?

The reason I'm asking, is that I recently had it into the dealer for some work (new key), and when I got it back, it seemed "different". The power delivery seemed different, and other things like automatic locking and unlocking of the doors started working (they didn't auto lock or unlock before).

I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU, and now it seems "back to normal". Drives like it did originally, and auto door locking doesn't work (not sure if it should or not).

They had problems getting the new key to work, so I *guessing* they may have tried to update the ECU or something?

I didn't play around with it enough before I pulled the battery, so I only have this basic information on how it was different.

Thoughts on how to see if it has a tune?

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I have a new to me 2017 Evora 400. Is there a way to see if the car has a tune or not?

The reason I'm asking, is that I recently had it into the dealer for some work (new key), and when I got it back, it seemed "different". The power delivery seemed different, and other things like automatic locking and unlocking of the doors started working (they didn't auto lock or unlock before).

I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU, and now it seems "back to normal". Drives like it did originally, and auto door locking doesn't work (not sure if it should or not).

They had problems getting the new key to work, so I *guessing* they may have tried to update the ECU or something?

I didn't play around with it enough before I pulled the battery, so I only have this basic information on how it was different.

Thoughts on how to see if it has a tune?

Let me get this straight, you took to dealer and they must have uploaded an updated ECU code. Not uncommon, now you disconnected battery to reset the ECU which infect it does not reset it, other than maybe unlearn some auto-adjustments to fuel trims that the car is learning on each tank of gas, now you think you have gone back to your original tune that you think was 'aftermarket'. Guess what, if you had an aftermarket tune (highly unsightly) it bis now gone, the ECU doesn't store old versions of code.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I knew it was a weird question, but I can't explain the behavior. I have flashed multiple cars in the past, so generally know how flashing ECUs work, but wasn't sure if there was something special on Lotus cars.

Sorry, by reset I did mean clear out data by disconnecting the battery. However, the really strange part is that while it was in "weird" mode, the doors auto locked/unlocked and after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery they no longer auto lock/unlock (like originally). As you point out, disconnecting the battery normally does not change options, etc., but since this option changed after disconnect, it got me thinking that Lotus cars may be different.

Back at the dealer today, so will see how it is after this visit, and I'll ask the Tech (seems like a really good tech).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The auto door lock feature can be turned on and off via the "key" button on the dash. With the key in and on Accessory, hold it for 5secs to enable you should hear a chime. The doors should lock when above 5mph.

Reactions: Lckitty

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah… did not know that! Thanks for the information. That explains the auto lock all of a sudden working. They must have done this, and then we I disconnected the battery it reset to the original config.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Why don't new owners ever read the manual?? Iphone generation!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Lotus should supply a pdf of the manual... adds lightness to the car and most people just refer to that on their phone or read it during downtime.
They do and its very accessible online as a download. I have all my booklets in the boot's cargo net but I also keep the digital versions of the manuals and complete Lotus service notes on my phone/computer.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
There is something about a paper manual with little bits of paper to allow quick access to unusual details...

Or you can be like all the new idiot tablet screens that can give you the pleasure of reading the manual while you drive....DOH!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts