The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have conflicting stories. I have s/c my '06 Exige (Katana). 1/2 of the people say yes putting one on is mandatory, the other half say un-neccessary.
I live in the Desert. The car is exclusively a track car.
Can I get some straight answers from some unbiased members who are not trying to sell me.
Thanks.:panic:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have conflicting stories. I have s/c my '06 Exige (Katana). 1/2 of the people say yes putting one on is mandatory, the other half say un-neccessary.
I live in the Desert. The car is exclusively a track car.
Can I get some straight answers from some unbiased members who are not trying to sell me.
Thanks.:panic:
I would suggest monitoring the air inlet temp. That would take some guess work out of it. Personally I wouldn't think you'ld have to have one (would be nice) but not necessary.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Only if you plan to pull more power out of the engine with a smaller pulley etc. Your tune would need to be updated as well. The setup you have currently does not need one. Thats why lotus themselves ditched the intercooler on their newer cars.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
it's also going to be tricky as you doin't have the exige S manifolds. i guess you could go custom or with chalriex's i/c setup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts