The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently put a Katana Super Charger in my n/a 06' Exige.
Do I need an intercooler?:wave:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
As the intercooler produces a denser air flow into the engine, what percentage power gain, on average, is achieved, compared to no intercooler?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Depends on the temperatures involved, how much of a load for how long etc. Take the density ratio with no ic and with, divide then multiply with the curent HP that will give you a ballpark.

( dr_ic / dr_noic ) * current_hp = approx_hp

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Depends on the temperatures involved, how much of a load for how long etc. Take the density ratio with no ic and with, divide then multiply with the curent HP that will give you a ballpark.

( dr_ic / dr_noic ) * current_hp = approx_hp
Hopefully more than 5, given that math is involved :D

One question for charliex: does adding an IC require an ecu reflash? Or is the ECU smart enough to figure it out?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
well if you're getting any detonation , and the ic brings in cooler air it'll lessen it, but you shouldn't be getting any det in the first place.

to get the benefit of a more efficient ic it should be checked and tuned if necessary, we're able to run smaller pulleys on the new ic kit vs the non ic kit so that means it has to be retuned because of that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The new '08 Exige S come factory without it. There's not enough gain to warrant even Lotus to put them on any longer. Thanks

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
The new '08 Exige S come factory without it. There's not enough gain to warrant even Lotus to put them on any longer. Thanks
Although, it does not display on our website :wallbang: an intercooler for the 220 hp Exige IS an option. With heavy track use, you're gonna want an ic but with ocassional track use, you'll be fine w/o an ic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts