The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the owner of the 3 Triumphs that I recently tried to purchase (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51947) still holding onto his cars dearly (to get the price that he believes they are worth -eek--eek--eek-) I have all but given up on buying them. They sit unloved in his driveway rotting as we speak...

So, I started thinking more about getting a Seven (Thanks to Hal :p), then this http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55084 1973 Seven S4 pops up. I have been seriously considering the purchase of this car. I don't know if it's the RHD or what...

I know that the series 4 was not and still is not very popular (b/c it's "ugly" or fiberglass or :shrug:). Why else should I not buy this car??? FWIW, I never thought the series 4 were all that ugly...

Keeping in mind that this http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35720 is my wife, I need someone to talk me out of this if it's a stupid purchase.

Ready, set, GO!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
22,000 original miles, and it was rebuilt after 19,000
dont do it...........what else do you want to know.
i only bought the elise because it had a toyota engine.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Don't buy it....You already have a two-seater. Maybe you can find something fun that the whole family can ride in, like a VW micro-bus.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
that seven is sweet, and it's not that much scratch. i'd buy it just to have it, provided the indoor space was available. probably not that much downside from a financial perspective and what toy for a spirited drive!

i've gone back to that FS thread several times myself.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that seven is sweet, and it's not that much scratch. i'd buy it just to have it, provided the indoor space was available. probably not that much downside from a financial perspective and what toy for a spirited drive!
Ace, that's what I keep thinking...

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I hadn't just bought an Elan two months ago.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Don't buy it....You already have a two-seater. Maybe you can find something fun that the whole family can ride in, like a VW micro-bus.
Funny you mention a mbus Tracy. We have a split window microbus in phenomenal shape here in town that is only used for advertisement for a local business. It is parked in a lot with a huge sign clamped to the top :shrug:. They were not interested in selling a year ago.

I was looking at several Pierce Arrow 7 passenger touring phaetons for that fun "take the whole family out" trip, but I don't have $150K to drop on a toy.
1913-pierce-arrow-1-1.jpg

And if money were no object I'd really take this:
3086-3.jpg

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
A Seven with a twink engine? What's not to like?

I'd seriously consider it. The only downside is that it's the unloved S4, and RHD. But it's still a seven under the fiberglass, and I don't think the S4 looks bad at all. I really wouldn't want RHD - the novelty of it would wear off very quickly, and the pain of being on the wrong side of the car in traffic or on windy back roads would bother me real quick. But other than that... :D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Personally, I am not as fond of the S4 as others. For me, I am too hung up on the looks and the steering wheel being on the wrong side for the reasons Tim mentioned.

If it is something that would truly work for you and the wife approves, I say go for it :up:

Noble

1 - 10 of 10 Posts