The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
i can not find a used one over 30k to say my life. any reason?
I'll hazard a guess...

First, they've only been available in the US since 2005, so the oldest Elises will be just about 4 years old. I'd say that anyone who's put 30k+ miles on a Elise in less than 4 years probably loves that car, and is not getting rid of it.

First US model year of the Exige is 2006, and for an Exige S, 2007... so even fewer Exiges have 30k+ miles.

·
Registered
476 Posts
39k miles right now and it's running flawlessly. Knock on wood, because I don't have any weird squeeks and noises that I can hear beyond the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'm never getting rid of mine, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
there are tons of toyota celica GTSes with more than 30k miles :p

*BOOM*

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ah, 53,000 and 97 track days, some with three sessions (all day) and still ticking.:cool: The car is awesome!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just got mine, and it has 23k miles :D No problems yet! (knock on wood)

Interestingly, My Z06 gave me absolutely zero problems, but my MR2 spyder blew its motor with a spun rod bearing at 68k miles. Would've thought the Toyota would have lasted forever, with the high strung LS6 going first (I drove it up to 56k miles, tracked too).

Seems like used cars are pretty much a luck of the draw thing. The reliability statistics of car brands/makes seem to only matter when you start looking at thousands of them at a time.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
44K miles. Couple track days, and one this month. Runs flawless. Oil stays clean between changes. Not for sale. I plan to easily turn at least 100K and keep tracking it.

One guy on here has turned 100K and I know another one is close. One of my customers traded in his Elise with nearly 80K on it last year for a new Exige S240 which he is rapidly putting the miles on as well. (we he is actually home from the island he is stationed on every 4 months or so. Drives cross country when he is.)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I'd say that anyone who's put 30k+ miles on a Elise in less than 4 years probably loves that car, and is not getting rid of it.
...exactly that: a person either adores the car for all its raw quirks, or it'll never be the right fit...in the former case folks are never likely to let it go, and in the latter case they'll probably move on within two years or less...

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Do Lamborghinis explode after 10K miles? Seems like they are always listed for sale with like 2500 miles- and a new clutch. I think 97% of the Lamborghini sale ads I've seen always mention a new clutch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts