Because you will trade in your Evora!
No seriously...........

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know but I love my Loti!
I just knew I would laugh and say yes yes it's fast but......
It really is a nice car. Comfortable, cup holders, functioning Nav, a big trunk, and 545hp/0-60 in 2.7 seconds!:huh:

I realize that what I love about Lotus is the base 2005 Elise (such an awesome car for the money), the 340R, my 2-Eleven---light, harsh, handles like a dream.
I expected the Evora to be more like a 911 or M5 just slightly less refined. It frustrates me that I had to take a long "punch" list of malfunctioning parts/components when the 1000 mile service was done.
I know the quirkyness of a Lotus build is part of the charm. That being said the darn GTR is just so bloody fast!!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I pick it up at Noon tomorrow:)!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Congratulations! I love all performance cars.

I come out to the East Coast every few months to support a site there. I'd love a ride to see what all the buzz is about.

San

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only issue I have with them is driving it feels like nothing special... Hard to explain to some maybe
Seriously?
How many miles have you driven one? I had a buddy's 2009 gtr on track at VIR and it was incredible. Yes I give you that it is not quite as engaging as my Ariel Atom or my 2-Eleven, but I would not want to attempt to handle a 545hp Atom.
Btw, I was with the guys fom TMI for the first track appearance of the V8 Atom (engine blew on second lap but that's a different story).

What I mean is that a lot of folks pick on the Nissan because it weighs 3800 pounds and they say "it feels like nothing special."
Most of those folks have never driven one.
I am sure that you have owned one so not directly talking to you.

545hp and 0-60 in 2.7seconds feels very special to me but I am not used to driving McLarens/Bugattis like the folks that say such fore mentioned statements. I am just an old Lotus/BMW junkie and racer. Oh yeah, I have driven a good old COT NASCAR Cup car---would 850hp make you feel special?:D

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations! I love all performance cars.

I come out to the East Coast every few months to support a site there. I'd love a ride to see what all the buzz is about.

San
San
Ride? Any fellow Lotus bud can drive it....well once 1000 mle break in is over.
Hollar when you hit the East coast
Jay

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congrats! I like the GT-R, but I just can't get over how big of a car it is. Last time I sat in one, I didn't get the sense that it was a big car from the cockpit, but when you put it next to other cars, it's pretty big for a 2 seater. Then again, I'm used to my Elise.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Wow 2.7 seconds. Did you push it during the test drive? is this the actual time or theoretical? Regardless of the driving feedback etc, that kind of speed must be exhilarating, and while people do rag on the looks, i think it looks quite nice, and I have loved that car since it was the skyline.
Congrats on your purchase.
How loud is it? Can you hear the turbo's squeal from the cockpit?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Seriously?
How many miles have you driven one? I had a buddy's 2009 gtr on track at VIR and it was incredible. Yes I give you that it is not quite as engaging as my Ariel Atom or my 2-Eleven, but I would not want to attempt to handle a 545hp Atom.
Btw, I was with the guys fom TMI for the first track appearance of the V8 Atom (engine blew on second lap but that's a different story).

What I mean is that a lot of folks pick on the Nissan because it weighs 3800 pounds and they say "it feels like nothing special."
Most of those folks have never driven one.
I am sure that you have owned one so not directly talking to you.

545hp and 0-60 in 2.7seconds feels very special to me but I am not used to driving McLarens/Bugattis like the folks that say such fore mentioned statements. I am just an old Lotus/BMW junkie and racer. Oh yeah, I have driven a good old COT NASCAR Cup car---would 850hp make you feel special?:D

I've only put under 100 street miles on one. Yes it's quick but there is just something lacking with how it drives.. Almost as if its too easy to drive. A lot of owners will even complain of this.

Regardless it's a amazing car! I might just prefer junk ha

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My best frind has one. As long as you are willing to do your own work on it, its not that bad, otherwise you are paying Ferrari service prices.

But I have to say, for being a windy back road bomber, my Elise it tweaked to the max, and what that has done is forced my buddy to have to shift manually instead of being in drive, so 15 grand into my car has made a minior inconvenince to him competiting with me

But his car destroyes me in everyway, shape and form. Tight, 15 mph corners to hilly twisty to long sweepers or just tight farm roads at full steam. He is jamming with a/c on and generally he puts about 50% of effort in.

But I have to say, we have switched cars many times. We both agreed my Elise is more fun and he has more fun in my car but when it comes to absolute power, he is god like.

Just a simple reason, we were driving down the highway talking and I looked over and told him, " omg, were are going 150" He was shocked and started using his cruise control after that. Especially after he found himself doing 170 while talking on the phone a few weeks later...

Its just thats smooth and can be godzilla but you have to pay top dollar for service

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Congrats. Yes, the performance is insane. I rode passenger at a track session in one and it's bonkers.

The driving experience is just so much different than Elise - so much so that they are really apples to apples comparisons. I'd like to see more 'driving experience' comparisons with cars like a Ferrari California or a Maserati Gran Turismo Stradale. I think those cars have a similar stance and possibly similar weight?

I will say though, that the Z06 and the GTR are probably the best sports car 'value for money' on the planet. What those cars can do at that price point is just insane. I wasn't aware of the services costs.

And yes, I must admit, I'm just not crazy about the looks. To me, it looks like a custom shop took an Altima and pimped it out. The car is SOOOO amazing in performance, that I think it needs to be amazing in looks. I will say that the car looks best in the 'pearl white' finish with carbon grey wheels - which looks like exactly what you got!

Interesting tidbit - my wife drives an Infiniti Qx56, which is a pimped out Armada. Nissan dealer right across from my office. Drop her car there to replace the serpentine belt and bopped around the showroom to kill time. Silly little Leaf and a GTR next to it. The GTR was completely locked. Started shooting the breeze with the service manager. Said that's a big issue for them. Families coming to look at minivans and kids jumping around. People with $16K Versa budgets wanted to test drive GTRs. Sales guys have a chore in 'qualifying' tire kickers.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Congrats Jay! Do you plan on modding it or tracking it?

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
are the headlights longer now?

1 - 20 of 169 Posts